Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.

Go down 
+4
Morgul
Mookie
Goodkat
Kade
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Empty
PostSubject: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Discuss.

Let us know if your mad or glad. Keep it civil.

Squib and I will be coming up with a guild game plan for the launch sometime this week. Basically as soon as the release date is announced, we will get together and all roll in the same place so we can get this guild up and running asap. I don't want some 12 year old to abscond with the name warfist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Goodkat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Goodkat

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:34 pm

The latest news from Mythic doesnt affect me in the least. I'll still be looking for you guys in the open beta. Only decision I have is to use Brewer or Goodkat as my shamans name.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Left_bar_bleue684/0Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Brewer wrote:
The latest news from Mythic doesnt affect me in the least. I'll still be looking for you guys in the open beta. Only decision I have is to use Brewer or Goodkat as my shamans name.
Goodkat imo. That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Goodkat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Goodkat

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:30 am

Still surprised nobody knows what movie Goodkat is from.
Back to top Go down
Morgul
Maggot
Maggot
Morgul

Character sheet
Charater Name: Morgul
Character Occupation: Chosen
Experience:
Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Left_bar_bleue0/0Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Well...'cause I know you are a big fan of the Olsen twins, Mary Kate & Ashley, I'm going to guess its a reference to 'Mary-Kate and Ashley in Action!' !!!!!

Wink

Slevin: How did you find out about us?
Mr. Goodkat: I'm a world-class assassin, fuckhead. How do you think I found out?

Morrigan
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Left_bar_bleue684/0Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Yay the forums are finally fixed.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:26 pm

I don't like it, but I won't say anything more than that.

Still gonna play and decided to keep my CE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
JBlaze
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
JBlaze

Character sheet
Charater Name: Blaze
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Left_bar_bleue0/0Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:31 pm

I don't mind the lack of cities at launch and I understand the cutting of four classes. I just wish it wasn't one of the ones I wanted to be lol. Now I guess I'll have to decide whether I'm going to be a squig herder, black orc, or maurader. Good thing I'll have time in the open beta to figure out who I want to be.
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:16 pm

It seems like it will be ok in the end..

I just will have to find a different class to be

As of right now i am hoping the game gets pushed back just because my team is starting on our game project and we have to have a workable beta by December... Which means i will not have much time for sleep/games/life...
Back to top Go down
JBlaze
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
JBlaze

Character sheet
Charater Name: Blaze
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Aden wrote:

As of right now i am hoping the game gets pushed back just because my team is starting on our game project and we have to have a workable beta by December... Which means i will not have much time for sleep/games/life...

Thats pretty cool what game are you working on?
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Aden wrote:

Are you gonna hook your guildies up with beta? Wink
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:55 am

LOL

I think Aden would've told us by now if he was working for a big name game dev.

All the same, hookin us up with a beta to a MMO would be tight if that's what you're working on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: EA Strikes Again   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:46 am

I know I don't post much, I've just been been keep track of everything through the forums. I honestly don't have shit to say half the time, but catching up on the News after being out of the loop for the past few days, I just can't help but be completely disgusted.. after reading about the Class and City Cuts.

The class cuts I can understand to a degree, but the cities. I mean where does my chosen race get its identity from if I start out in the same Noob Mill as everyone else. You level one character and you have seen all the content.. they may as well reskin all the races to be the same while they are at it and save themselves the effort, since that what its seamed to be anyway.

I don't care how long it takes for them finish, it thats what it takes to do it right. I mean WFT.. RvR between 2 Capital cities.. what is this Warsong Gulch?

Oh and if I have to buy an expansion later on to get the content, you can forget that.

Its exactly this kind of stupidity that keeps me from pre-ording now days. I've been through the process with too many MMO's in the last 10 years to be gotten again. I don't buy anything I haven't beta'd or that hasn't been out for a good long while. Just been gotten too many times.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:39 am

I merged your thread with the topic already started for simplicity sake.

Not Judging your opinion here, Just pointing out a few misnomers. First they aren't changing any of the starting locations or any of the regular towns and cities. To my knowledge, they are only removing the two end game cities, and they will be putting them back in once see how the one city left works.

Also They have already stated that the cities will not be an expansion later on. I doubt very much they would be that dumb.

Personally I agree with their reasons for removing the cities. Not thrilled about it, but it's a game, and they are breaking new ground here. Some learning has to be accounted for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Hmm.. What I read was a bit different.

Mark Jacobs specifically stated that they would be removing 4 of the Racial Capitals Cities, (Orc, Dark Elf, Dwarf, & High Elf) leaving only 2 (Chaos & Human), which would server as the starting point and capital for the entire faction.
And in his last point he went to say "We will apply these lessons to the new cities".. alluding to the idea that sometime post-launch, they would over time be added in.

There were a lot of points he made about how this was a positive impact on the game, but over all I'm not pleased with the decision. Granted it may give them time to focus on detailing to nth degree each of the cities, and in their minds it focuses each faction one city for RvR, but to me it shrinks the feel and scale of the genera that WAR is supposed to repressent.

There is also a lot at stake in RvR when you only have 1 Capital City. With things such as Quests, Dungeons, ect. opening and closing depending on the state of the city, you can presumablity loose a lot with "all your eggs in one basket". Where as with 3 per faction (1 per race), it gives you room for strategy.. which city do we take down first, where will they come from.. so and so forth.

As far as them breaking new ground. Sure they are putting a twist to their already tried RvR system, but I don't see it as being totally unfamiluar territory for them.

I'm just disappointed..
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Im pretty sure you don't start at the cities. They are actually in tier 3 from what i understand whereas the starting areas are in tier 1.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:44 pm

The Capitals are in Tier 4. And you don't get to them without taking a central city in the Tier 4 area.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Left_bar_bleue151/200Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 6:17 pm

I wasn't planning on reposting my post in the locked forum, but I'm beginning to think it's warranted.

*ahem*

After rereading all the data, and going over their past games (DAoC), I've decided this isn't a bad thing at all.

For the guys who decided on one of the cancelled classes: broaden yourself, baby. Choppa was awesome, sure, Black Guard looked really cool. But there are still 10 classes to choose from. 10. Ten. That's a lot of classes. That's a lot of diversity. Now you can look forward to the first expansion too.

For the guys who think removing the capital cities is a bad thing: remember, awhile back. Strain your memory. Oh right, that's it: "Altdorf, along with all capital cities, will be home to 3 Public Quests, along with many side quests...[continue to RvR explanation]". 3 Public Quests. After these changes, they're up to 12. As for dungeons? Up from 1 per capital, to 3 in the Inevitable City. Three DUNGEONS. These cities are ENORMOUS. Plus they are now the central hub for all endgame RvR. That's a lot of player activity. No complaints from me.

The launch now at least will feature less game bugs and complexities, better balanced careers, and a security company that has the resources and ability to actually crack down on hackers: PunkBuster. And for all the CS fanatics who remember the tears PB has caused people who don't hack: it's still in use by Valve. And sure, during the reign of 1.3 and 1.5 it didn't work at all. But how many hackers do you find over Steam nowadays in Quake, or Call of Duty, or Counter-Strike 1.6 or Source? One per 1000 servers you visit? No complaints here.

We've finally come across a company who honestly, genuinely wants to make the player base happy, and not just take all our money. I have a new respect for Mythic -and- EA. Finally they seem to be trying to pull their corporate heads out their asses.

Thank you, Mythic. Thank you for making sure this game will be great.

*ADDENDUM*

Guys: be disappointed all you want. We're at the bottom line: for whatever reason, four of the capital cities weren't ready for launch. Four classes weren't ready for launch. Legitimately, that sucks: but I'd rather they remove the stuff that simply isn't finished, rather than throw in something that isn't complete. Anyone remember release for Vanguard? Ultima Online? EVE? WoW? Every single one of those games didn't have a proper endgame finished. WoW succeeded in completing theirs by the time the first guilds started raiding. Vanguard crashed. UO doesn't have the fanbase it was supposed to. EVE Online only survived because of 1) innovation, 2) creativity and 3) player-base diplomacy. They sucked up their asses off to the players already subscribed to their game, and it worked long enough for them to release their material. I mean, shit guys, Age of Conan? Come on. Things could be way, way worse than they are.

If WAR comes out as smooth a release as DAoC did, or Guild Wars did, then I won't complain a minute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.   Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mythic Removes 4 class and 4 cities from game.
Page 1 of 1