Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pissed... Read inside...

Go down 
+3
Mookie
JBlaze
Roguess
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:
Pissed... Read inside... Left_bar_bleue0/0Pissed... Read inside... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Pissed... Read inside... Empty
PostSubject: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:12 pm

Got this from game stop...

Reserve Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and receive:

Open Beta Access: Be one of the first players to experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR! Open Beta will run from September 3, 2008 at 10am EST until September 12, 2008 at 10am EST. The Open Beta will level capped and content restricted.

Live Game Head Start: Reserve customers will get a 3-day head start on the battlefields of WAR. The Live Game Head Start begins on September 15, 2008 at 10am EST.

Bonus In-Game Items: Equip your characters for the journey to the frontlines with Rittenbach’s Portable Camp and Sentinel’s Amber Band.

Universal Fighting System Battle Deck: The Emperor Karl Franz and Tchar’zanek, dread Champion of Tzeentch, go head-to-head in this exclusive collectible card game deck from Fantasy Flight Games.

ONLINE/IN-STORE PICKUP CUSTOMERS: You will receive a code for the bonus items. Please provide a valid email address at time of purchase.

STORE CUSTOMERS: All bonus items will be available in store at time of reservation. Items available in store week of August 4. Please call ahead to confirm availability.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=646910
Back to top Go down
JBlaze
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
JBlaze

Character sheet
Charater Name: Blaze
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
Pissed... Read inside... Left_bar_bleue0/0Pissed... Read inside... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:22 pm

I hope that isn't true Aden...I hope that isn't true..
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Pissed... Read inside... Left_bar_bleue684/0Pissed... Read inside... Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:03 pm

No, that can't be true. I thought Mark Jacobs said open beta was supposed to run for a month?
It better not be true damnit, I need to play before school starts!
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
Pissed... Read inside... Left_bar_bleue684/0Pissed... Read inside... Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 pm

And apparently this is for the normal preorder(non-CE). That's stupid, the main reason I preordered the CE was for open beta, head start, and the extra items. I don't give a shit about some miniature table top guy and an art book and now the normal preorders are getting what I wanted without all the extra shit. Either Gamestop is retarded(hopefully)and posted wrong information, or I now despise Mythic.
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:32 pm

That is the main thing im pissed about mook.. its the week of OB..
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:35 pm

Yeah, that's like the day that I go back to school. Open beta is supposed to be one month before release too(Mark said that)so if this is true then that means it shouldn't be released until October...
I'm really hoping that Gamestop is just completely retarded and has this info. all wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:26 pm

They just changed the info btw, there's no specific dates on when things start and end, I'll just wait until Mythic clears this up before I do anymore ranting.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Mark Jacobs replied, here's what he said.

Folks,

Okay, I'm a bit confused here. I've gone through our website, GOA's website and our press releases and based on what I've read there and here, let's start off with some basics:

1) Characters will not roll over from the OB. Not a chance, prayer, etc. OB is for primarily the load testing of the game and not for people to level up their toons and then bring them over to the Head Start or into the game. Whoever is giving out their information is wrong.

2) When we put up the websites for the CE, we separated the CE from the CE Pre-order program on purpose. Nowhere in the CE Pre-order program does it say that *only* CE Pre-orders will get the HS and the OB. There's even a line that says "All pre-order customers will receive one of the following items..." It also says a number of times in the same section the words "pre-order customers" and not "CE pre-order customers." We weren't trying to be clever, cute, devious, etc. but to simply covey the basics of the program. Apparently we may have needed to be even clearer than I thought we were being.

3) In terms of the length of OB, the final length of it is still to be determined. Don't expect a 30 day OB or anything like that. We've never promised, hinted or even inferred that OB was going to be a long process, that's what our Beta is for. If we need a longer OB, then it will be longer. If a shorter one will suffice, that is fine by us.

4) In terms of the Head Start, the length of the Head Start is still being discussed which is why we haven't posted anyway how long it will last.

5) In terms of the Head Start as it pertains to the CE POs and the SE POs, our intention is that the length of the Head Start will not be the same. While we have never said that they would or wouldn't be the same, we do want to give some extra time to the CE POs.

6) We also hope to make an announcement sometime before we go into OB about another bonus thing for our CE POs customers. I can't go into detail about it yet but it will also be seen as a nice little extra for the CE POs.

7) In Europe, the plan is for the OB to invite the CE POs customers but the SE POs will not get a special invitation.

In terms of the whole "OMG, I wouldn't have bought the CE if I could get the HS/OB time with the regular PO" thing. If that's how you feel, no problem at all. Cancel your CE then and pre-order the regular game. If all the special items, librams, quests, heads, art book, graphic novel and miniature aren't worth the difference in price, either cancel your order or don't pre-order the CE (if you can still find a copy). Our CE has more useful in-game goodness than any other MMORPG. And the fact that the CE contains a very special miniature (that will not be reissued by GW and/or EA) along with all the other stuff, makes it, in our opinion, the best CE of any MMORPG to date. The fact that it is essentially sold out in NA and almost there in Europe this far before launch means that the players agree. And yes, the items/quests/etc. that are listed in the CE section of our website (as opposed to the Pre-Order Program) part of the webwite, will still only be for the CE and not the SE.

9) In terms of why we didn't announce this sooner, well, we thought we were clear when we posted all the information. Apparently not, at least for some of you and that's why I'm here.

10) In terms of the OB being for CE pre-orders only, well, that's a bit of nonsense. I've posted enough and I'seen enough people talk about the OB to know that most of you knew that OB wasn't for the CE people only.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:23 pm

CE preorders get a longer head start and an extra goody which they haven't announced yet, I'm happy now.
Back to top Go down
JBlaze
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
JBlaze

Character sheet
Charater Name: Blaze
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:29 pm

ok ok that makes me feel a little better
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:31 pm

Mook wrote:
CE preorders get a longer head start and an extra goody which they haven't announced yet, I'm happy now.

same..
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:36 pm

Another reply from Mark

The CE pre-order program was/is just a pre-order program for the CE just as there is a SE pre-order program. As to why we couldn't call it a pre-order program right from the start, the answer will sound lame, it's true, but it still sounds lame. We were told that if we called it a pre-order program that the retailers would start selling the SE even though nothing was in place at the time to support the sale so we did it this way.

Once again, if people feel like they have been misled, it certainly wasn't our intention and since all you need to do is cancel the CE PO, do so and that should take care of things. All the promised CE content is still there and still exclusive to the

Mark
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:17 pm

Wow are you guys going to cry like this when we lose a castle? I will turn this guild around and take us home right now.

Seriously, the shorter open beta lasts, and the quicker this game comes out, the happier i will be. Be pissed you pre ordered if you want to, but seriously take stock of the situation and realize that on day one of the game, the guy who payed 80 bucks for the game and the guy who played 50 will have pretty much exactly the same advantage.

Headstart is actually the smartest thing they could do. Let the first wave in and level past the first zone or two. Then the rest come in and its not a massive wave of players all trying to level in the same spot. It works.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:20 pm

I'm not as pissed anymore. I'm mainly angry that probably won't get to play open beta during my summer vacation, that was my main concern.

I guess I somewhat overreacted when I first saw this but whatever, I'm over it now.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:24 pm

Here's another reply from Mark, if anyone cares.

Folks,

One of the things I am apparently having a hard time understanding is the whole OB thing. Anyone who has ever played an MMO's OB knows that OB is a large event and almost all of the threads here talking about it recognize this fact. I've talked about this for years here as well that we would use our OB as a large scale test of the system just before launch. Since we all knew that, I can't understand why people are upset that people who get the SE are angry. I can understand, a little, the concern about the HS but since the OB is supposed to be a large-scale test and that we were only selling 60K CEs and since CEs are still guaranteed a slot in the OB, I really don't understand why people feel like they were misled regarding the OB and also why they are pissed.

Maybe I'm just being a little dense today but I really don't see why, in regards to the OB, why anyone should be upset.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Pwninski
Maggot
Maggot
Pwninski

Character sheet
Charater Name: Eki
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 pm

lawl kade...yes daddy we'll stop. plz dont turn the car around.
Back to top Go down
Enger
Grunt
Grunt
Enger

Character sheet
Charater Name: Enger
Character Occupation: Chosen
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 pm

you guys, ive taken over keeps. its not hard to take em. its not hard to keep em, you just have to keep yourself from being retarded for long enuff to siege the guards and run in. if ur defending... dont go on the walls.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:04 pm

Enger wrote:
you guys, ive taken over keeps. its not hard to take em. its not hard to keep em, you just have to keep yourself from being retarded for long enuff to siege the guards and run in. if ur defending... dont go on the walls.
Not sure what that has to do with this post but...yeah, thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:26 am

Mook wrote:
Enger wrote:
Not sure what that has to do with this post but...yeah, thanks for the info.
He was making reference to Kade's comment about losing a castle.

I'll admit I was a bit put off by the news that CE vs SE POs will get essentially the same perks in game, but it's not the in game stuff I was wanting the CE for in the first place. Yes, the HS is nice, yes, the guaranteed OB spot is nice. But ultimately, I wanted the art book and the miniature.

They are still planning to add something else to the CE POs from what he said, too. Regardless, it will all work out and the only real major difference anyone is gonna see in 5 months after release is if someone decides to don their CE cape. Doubtful you'll see that in T4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:19 pm

Kade wrote:
Wow are you guys going to cry like this when we lose a castle? I will turn this guild around and take us home right now.

Seriously, the shorter open beta lasts, and the quicker this game comes out, the happier i will be. Be pissed you pre ordered if you want to, but seriously take stock of the situation and realize that on day one of the game, the guy who payed 80 bucks for the game and the guy who played 50 will have pretty much exactly the same advantage.

Headstart is actually the smartest thing they could do. Let the first wave in and level past the first zone or two. Then the rest come in and its not a massive wave of players all trying to level in the same spot. It works.

Some true.. some not..

I will have xp bonus that the regular guy wont..

With everyone getting Headstart... that removes the "smart" thing to do now... There will probably be 200k or so people in the HS... and the content /servers will be limited.. So there will be waves of players trying to level in the same area...

and losing a castle as an example is no way, shape or form an accurate example... Because you can recapture a castle.. but launch day will only happen once...

And the shorter beta is the less happy i am.. Because the class i wanted to play is cut out and i want to find another class i will enjoy...

plus there was multiple times they said they wanted at least one month of OB...

Now im not pissed and can now care less about the whole ordeal.. But i did pay 80 bucks for this and at first responded just like many others..
And if you would have payed the 80.. you may have seen it different also...
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:20 pm

Some good news is coming up, here's another quote I found from Mark on this whole situation.

Seriously though, we will have some good news to impart within a week. No, it is not big, earth-shattering news like our release date but I promise (and you know I don't do that often) that it will be well-received by the community and it doesn't involve my head on a pike.

Mark

Also, Squib, did you order the CE? If not I did and...I won't have any use for the miniature and the art book, sooooo... I may let you have them, unless I change my mind Wink

Edit: nevermind, I remember Kade was the one that didn't order the CE.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:48 pm

Yes, I did. I had some doubts about my PO after one of the news announcements they made, but after thinking about it for a few days I decided to go ahead and keep it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:54 am

I may have found the extra goody that comes with the CE, no info on it yet though.
Go here http://www.warhammeronline.com/index.php and wait for the CE preorder picture to scroll by, there's a book next to the Gazbag mini that wasn't there before, if you click on the picture it won't show it, just wait for it to scroll by.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:59 am

Also, the beta log in center is closed for now, could this possibly mean something good?
https://betacenter.eamythic.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pissed... Read inside...   Pissed... Read inside... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pissed... Read inside...
Page 1 of 1