Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.

Go down 
+3
Runtificus
Savoirself
Squib
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Empty
PostSubject: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 pm

I don't know how many people that will read this thread will have ever played the original Alterac Valley (affectionately known as AV 1.0). If you did, you will understand this thread better than those that did not. I spent a couple hours reading through almost 15 pages of posts in this thread and the more I read the more I saw how much WAR is going to appeal to those that remember PvP being fun for fun's sake. I'm not going to go into detail about the way AV 1.0 used to be, it gets described multiple times and by multiple people in this thread. You will see a clear division of people in this thread, as well. There are the people that would go there for the epic feel, the sheer fun of PvP that it offered. They weren't there for gear, tokens, honor or anything like that. On the other hand (and I struggle to say this objectively), there are the focused the welfare epics, the easy gear, the honor, tokens.

Warhammer Online is going to bring back the epic nature of battles that AV 1.0 once gave WoW players. I felt that someone that reads this might more fully appreciate what WAR is and will be seeing how epic PvP once was and how many people are longing for a return to that.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8557297376&sid=1&pageNo=1

Last edited by Squib on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Savoirself
Slugg
Slugg
Savoirself

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:
A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Left_bar_bleue0/0A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Damn, makes me wish i could've played the AV 1.0.......or Warhammer lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:37 am

I was there ,and i had the exact same thoughts on the battlefields of WAR, thinking of how it reminded me of my first all day Alterac.

Those were good times,but these will be better...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:03 pm

i only enjoyed wow for about a week after hiting 70 only thing to do is grind gear for kara...or pvp which wasnt fun cause everything mattered on resil and stamina
Back to top Go down
Runtificus
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:39 am

I remember the old school AV. A literal slugfest that went forever (I recall a 3 day long game on my server, was the record for a while IIRC). A mindless zerg back and forth until you got a group that decided to organize a little and push with a little bit of tactics. When they gutted it, I hated it so much. Horde used to win the old AV on my server 90% of the time, after the change, we lost 90% of the time.

Hopefully it is not out of place for me to post this, being as I just registered on the forums today. But old style AV is a little bit of what I want for WAR, big battles that can be won but require some strategy and time.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Left_bar_bleue684/0A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:58 am

Quote :
Hopefully it is not out of place for me to post this, being as I just registered on the forums today
Naw, it's cool if you post here without being a member yet as long as you're constructive. Just don't be like Kid O War...
Back to top Go down
Rokos
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Rokos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Rokos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Left_bar_bleue0/0A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:13 am

Man Av 1.0 was my favorite BG, there was nothing like farming for your shredder and then owning people or farming for hours to get wolf riders to get the push you needed past the bridge. Gah this makes me miss old WoW so much and at the same time makes me so happy that WAR is almost here.
Back to top Go down
Falyx
Slugg
Slugg

Character sheet
Charater Name: Rheena
Character Occupation: Witch Elf
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:58 am

Old school Alterac Valley was the best. The changes they made to it just ruined it. There is no more fun with it anymore, as games last 15-20 minutes. I can remember when the games used to last for hours, and even days. Summoning the giants, actually collecting resources for troops, and using the wind riders. Those were the days, when you actually had to use the NPC's for what they are there for.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:13 am

And that's why WAR is replacing that hole in our hearts that Blizzard mercilessly created in all of us that tasted true epic pvp in WoW.

If you haven't rolled with us yet in WAR, you're in for a wonderous surprise! When Warfist rolls, the blood flows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Pwninski
Maggot
Maggot
Pwninski

Character sheet
Charater Name: Eki
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:41 pm

sweet i cant wait to get war now!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.   A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A chance to appreciate WAR from looking at WoW.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: