Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New MMO Concepts

Go down 
+3
Morzat
Zul
Squib
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I don't know how many of you have played the F2P (Free to Play) MMOs that are now a permanent part of the genre, but I've had the pleasure (and displeasure at times) of playing quite a few. I've also seen some concepts that I would like to see, and expect to see, in future P2P (Pay to Play or Subscription Based) MMOs.

One example that stands out above all the others that I've now seen in at least three F2P MMOs is the Soul Mate mechanic. It's done slightly differently through the three, but they have the same basic concept behind them. Yourself and one other person agree to be "bound" ingame. Being bound provides unique bonuses (i've seen xp, damage, health and many others) as long as you're both grouped and close enough to each other. The one feature of this mechanic that appeals to me most and that I want to see implemented more than anything is the special attacks that are provided by this "union". It requires both people to time their actions together and the end result is a much more outstanding result. Lineage 2 has the primitive version of this with their mage classes allowing for very powerful attacks, but I don't think I've ever seen it done in PvP.

For those that have played the F2P MMOs, what are some features you've seen that you'd like to see in a P2P MMO?
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Zul
Grunt
Grunt
Zul

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:54 pm

If anyone has played Rohan online they know what I'm talking about. In Rohan, after every so many kill the 20th or such would provide a giant boost to xp based on the level/normal xp given of the creature killed. This mechanic made players look for harder things to kill around the 15-19th kill. Made the grind a bit more interesting and easier.

This could actually be extended to PvP in a similar way. Every so many kills with out dying, the player gets a slight (not significant enough to be unbalancing), short buff or heals to a percentage or full. The trigger doesnt have to be so many kills either it could be Unreal Tournament style double/multi kills.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:17 pm

I read about that for Rohan. And graphics there aren't horrible like in some of the F2Ps. I actually thought about trying it out, but CB for WAR is too close for me to really get a good amount of time in for it. Which is fine, I want WAR more than another F2P. lol

But that's a good idea. That would reward skill and/or teamwork more. Every three 3-4 kills without dying would provide a small buff. The longer you keep your killing streak up, the better the buff gets. 3 kills - buff 6 kills - buffx2 9 kills - buffx3 etc etc. The buff couldn't be massive, though, as that would make the character too powerful, but enough so that he's harder to kill as he moves along.
Back to top Go down
Morzat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Morzat

Character sheet
Charater Name: FleshFiend
Character Occupation: ShoeMaker
Experience:
New MMO Concepts Left_bar_bleue0/0New MMO Concepts Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:36 pm

although i dont have a partner... i can see the fun in it... but mostly i can see kiddies whining in the pvp forums about how its an unfair advantage.

instead of doing same moves the bound can proc a lotro style thing i forget what they r called but u can do combos either to heal or do dmg over time or a massive attack.... together. i think that would be much easier for that kinda system

Last edited by FleshFiend on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Hence the whole teamwork aspect. Children tend to not know how that works, hence the QQ.
Back to top Go down
Enger
Grunt
Grunt
Enger

Character sheet
Charater Name: Enger
Character Occupation: Chosen
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:02 pm

WH40k MMo, was announced a little bit ago. sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Charater Name: Das Schnitzel
Character Occupation: teh pwnage
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm

isnt WAR like a wh40k mmo? lol. i dont get in to the game backgrounds hardcore, but they are indeed both warhammer...or so the name implies, rofl.
Back to top Go down
Enger
Grunt
Grunt
Enger

Character sheet
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 4:36 pm

WH40K = Future = Guns

WH = Fantasy = Swords
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 4:41 pm

dont forget magic pewpew. but yes, i do now notice that huge difference, lol. so wh40k must be like lineage? i saw i friend play lineage2, and thats what i thought of right away, lol.
Back to top Go down
Enger
Grunt
Grunt
Enger

Character sheet
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:02 pm

lol. They both have magic Pew Pew. and no. it wont be like lineage. i hope itll be an MMOFPS... cuz we need atleast one good MMOFPS. or Maybe MMO3PS... that would be so cool.
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:05 pm

in lineage2 u could go FPS, i could be wrong...my friend likes to use mods for games, and that could have been 1. and if u really wanna get technical, WoW and WAR are both FPS/3PS, lol. depends on how far ya zoom in :X
Back to top Go down
Icelus
Soldier
Soldier
Icelus

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:38 pm

Warhammer 40k is a futuristic adaptation of Warhammer. Let me post a little something to describe Warhammer 40k. This is taken from one of the first pages of the Warhammer 40k rulebook:

It is the 41s Millenium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the demon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's Will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever present threat from alieans, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
Back to top Go down
Morzat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Morzat

Character sheet
Charater Name: FleshFiend
Character Occupation: ShoeMaker
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:39 pm

war 40k first warhammer game iv played ill be honest orcs in the future looks so unrealistic... i dont think they fit at all.
Back to top Go down

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:10 am

one thing i see in alot of mmos is a nice grassy forest in a zone almost every mmo has one
Back to top Go down
Sid
Slugg
Slugg

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:54 am

Enger wrote:
lol. They both have magic Pew Pew. and no. it wont be like lineage. i hope itll be an MMOFPS... cuz we need atleast one good MMOFPS. or Maybe MMO3PS... that would be so cool.

MMOFPS would be sweet. Like a contra style game. I think that Huxley is one of them but i dont know how well the game is progressing.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:15 am

This isn't a topic about war40k.

Thank you for derailing it beyond recovery.

And no, L2, WoW and WAR cannot be considered FPS games in any shape, form or fashion. Just because you can zoom into the first person does not a FPS make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New MMO Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MMO Concepts   New MMO Concepts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New MMO Concepts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: