Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Naming Guidelines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Something i would like to start doing is keeping in game names the same as forum names and both of those the same name as your ventrillo name. It never really occured to me that people would be signing up on the forums with different names than they would use in game. There are enough people starting to do this that it is becomming confusing for anyone trying to keep track of who is going where.

Big thing for me is that there is no way I will be able to remember all the names we have in guild letalone multiple names for each person.

This will also become important durring the warfist games when we start having signups. Also rvr signups should we decide to have a sign up of some sort for that.

I don't care about beta. Whatever you guys do is fine, but when game goes live, I want someone to be able to come to our forums and say Oh, so thats the guy who kicked my ass, or Ok, thats the guy who saved my butt. Thanks man.

As much as i intend to be a complete terror on the battle field, I don't want people hiding behind different forum names however unintentional that may be. Alts are another matter. I could care less, but your main should be the same name as you have on the forums and on vent.

If you need help changing your forum name, contact ether squib or myself. If when this game goes live and you still have not changed over your name, I will go in and do it manually for you. Your avatar may or may not be changed to something embarrising. I hold no responsibility for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Charater Name: Das Schnitzel
Character Occupation: teh pwnage
Experience:
Naming Guidelines Left_bar_bleue0/0Naming Guidelines Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:19 pm

u did mine b 4 the game went live :*( QQ. and mr T is 1337 Smile but a cartoon named shnitzel is more 1337.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Im changing yours to a little asian girl with buck teeth.
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Charater Name: Das Schnitzel
Character Occupation: teh pwnage
Experience:

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:12 pm

*gasp*
Back to top Go down

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:51 pm

hm.. i have a slight problem with this, being that i have altitis, that rare disorder that demands i have at least one charecter for every slot available. My solution to this is that i normally have all my charecters begine with the first same 2-3 letters. Wonder if this would be acceptable??? and also, will the guild have a problem in accepting in alts into the guild or is it main's only?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cosidius
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Cosidius

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cocidius
Character Occupation: Sorceror
Experience:

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:12 pm

i think someone said they are gonna let each person have 1 alt in the guild. this may be wrong though...

Last edited by Cocidius on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i cant spell)
Back to top Go down
Tala/Sauska
Raven War Lord
Raven War Lord
Tala/Sauska

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:16 pm

There's a thread here concerning the guild's view on alts. If I remember right, I think the consensus was that we would try as much as possible to keep to one character for the guild. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've read the thread, but that was the impression I got. From one alt-itis person to another, I know this will be difficult, but I trust their reasoning behind it, and don't totally disagree, either.

And, to address this post, if I decide to change my name in-game, I'll have it changed here. Talashandy doesn't sound very Dark-elfy, but I'm horrible about making up names, so we'll see.

Last edited by Talashandy on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Alts are a different issue all together, but i would like your main character to be your forum name and your vent name.

I honestly don't remember what we said we were going to do about alts, but i believe we had something involving an alt guild that would be allied with the main guild allowing communication between members of the guilds.

I will talk that over with Squib and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naming Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Guidelines   Naming Guidelines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naming Guidelines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: