Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It has come to my attention...

Go down 
+13
Goodkat
Greenarm
Zul
Vit
nezitic
Mookie
Squib
Belhabib
Savoirself
Icelus
Derwydd Gimphealer
Xemos
Kade
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

It has come to my attention... Empty
PostSubject: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Alright, our recruitment methods are pretty lax at the moment. Right now we are only turning away people who are under age and that's fine. It has allowed us to grow at an exponential rate for the past month and considering that my original goal for this guild was around 30 people, we have done rather well. We are now over 115 and growing by the day. I see no reason why we wouldn't hit 150 before release. Now having said that, Once we have gone live and are out there in the world our recruitment methods will be much more strict. We will have the three weeks trial period where they are required to show us that they actually have some skill.

While this is all well and good, it does not address the fact that we may, and probably do have a bunch of people currently in guild who are lacking on skills. If you know who you are, awesome, at least your smart enough to know it. Not to worry, as long as you are willing to listen and pay attention, we will teach you how to pvp as part of a team. We will not ever turn away anyone who sucks simply because they suck. If you are turned away from this guild it is because you suck and you have proven yourself unwilling or unable in some way to be part of a team. Thats the key here. its a team sport, there is no room for individual glory when we are all out PVPing. Its the glory of the team otherwise you are a liability to said team.

We will be going through the guild ranks after release and as we pvp, we will be identifying people who just wont or cant participate or listen to direction. These people will join the ranks of the new recruits in what will become Warfist's version of operation darkey. Now if you don't know what that is, not to fear. Basically you are the shock troops. You are the front lines, and you will be the ones who charge first. The reasoning behind this decision is two fold. One, it breaks up the enemy formation and forces them to deal with you rather than actually attacking the real meat of our army, and second it will show you that you will participate in some way or another. Hopefully after a few slaughters like that, you will be more inclined to listen up and learn your place in the team.

I would hope that we do in fact end up with over a hundred people inclined to listen, pay attention, and work as a team. However im pragmatic, and an asshole so if it doesn't happen, I will do something about it. Keep this in mind during open beta. Failure is not an option.

I Will Not Be Denied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
It has come to my attention... Left_bar_bleue0/0It has come to my attention... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:12 pm

ohh sign me up i listen well and am a smart pvp'r but running into order zergs sounds like a job for a marauder!
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
It has come to my attention... Left_bar_bleue0/0It has come to my attention... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Kade wrote:
Thats the key here. its a team sport, there is no room for individual glory when we are all out PVPing. Its the glory of the team otherwise you are a liability to said team.

Amen, Glory and Hallelujah
Back to top Go down
Icelus
Soldier
Soldier
Icelus

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Ummm, well I am a big, dumb, stupid Chosen...but I do listen to orders though. Smile

Though I will admit, I still have a lot to learn about the game mechanics of an MMO. Now Warhammer Lore on the other hand, I'm fine with that.

Oh, and I got my latest White Dwarf, and it has an article about raiding and pillaging in Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Savoirself
Slugg
Slugg
Savoirself

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:09 pm

Xemos wrote:
ohh sign me up i listen well and am a smart pvp'r but running into order zergs sounds like a job for a marauder!

HEAL MEH!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:48 pm

I don't mind being put to the test. This will be the first time I hear orders rather than read them, so hopefully I don't take too long getting used to it. I'm going to have to install that vent thing, so I can keep track of whose shouting for heals and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:23 pm

Vent is a requirement for running with us. If you're in the Warband and you're not in vent, you're no longer in the warband until you get in vent. Most of us don't watch chat. Being in vent does not require you to be able to speak on vent, just that you be able to hear.

As for operation darkey, I think some of you are already missing the point. That's not a privilege. It's not something you want. You stand out as someone that's not being a team player and are therefore being shown that you need work since you're apparently not listening any other way.

There will be a guild meeting soon (date has not been set yet), before OB that will be MANDATORY. Real life comes first, of course, but if it's not work related or family related, you will be required to be there. This means, if you don't have vent and that's your excuse for not showing up, you can expect action to be taken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
It has come to my attention... Left_bar_bleue684/0It has come to my attention... Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:26 pm

I'll be at the meeting as long is it's not too late if it's on a weekday, I have school starting Tuesday ( Sad ) so my schedule will be changing.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
It has come to my attention... Left_bar_bleue151/200It has come to my attention... Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Squib wrote:
There will be a guild meeting soon (date has not been set yet), before OB that will be MANDATORY. Real life comes first, of course, but if it's not work related or family related, you will be required to be there. This means, if you don't have vent and that's your excuse for not showing up, you can expect action to be taken.

What about extreme sexual duress?
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Not an acceptable excuse. She can wait and so can you.

And yes, I am being an asshole about this one, folks. I'm tired of announcing meetings and only a handful of new recruits show up. The past meetings have been primarily for the NEW RECRUITS and most of them don't bother to show.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Squib wrote:
Vent is a requirement for running with us. If you're in the Warband and you're not in vent, you're no longer in the warband until you get in vent. Most of us don't watch chat. Being in vent does not require you to be able to speak on vent, just that you be able to hear.

I thought the chat box dissapeared durring RvR. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:38 pm

If you're playing a healer class, it does. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Hmm, has there been a meeting in the last 2 weeks? I might have missed it, but i doubt it since i troll these boards more than kade and squib.
Back to top Go down
Zul
Grunt
Grunt
Zul

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 pm

nezitic wrote:

What about extreme sexual duress?

Multi tasking is a good skill to learn.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Vitalious wrote:
since i troll these boards more than kade and squib.
That's an awful big assumption. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
It has come to my attention... Left_bar_bleue684/0It has come to my attention... Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Squib wrote:
Vitalious wrote:
since i troll these boards more than kade and squib.
That's an awful big assumption. Wink
I think I take the cake on this one Wink
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Yes, yes you can. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:37 pm

Do you just post meetings under the "member section"? Sorry for my lack of posting, I have been staying away from the PC lately, but when Sept 7th comes around Ill be around non stop.

Ekimi
Back to top Go down
Greenarm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Greenarm

Character sheet
Charater Name: Greenarm
Character Occupation: Marauder
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 pm

I'll be at the meeting unless my son or wife keeps me from it or I'm at work.
Back to top Go down
Goodkat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Goodkat

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 pm

I hate typing period and during serious rvr i dont even look at the part of my screen that has the chat box. Be on vent ready to listen or to speak up if/when necessary.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:28 pm

Goodkat wrote:
I hate typing period and during serious rvr i dont even look at the part of my screen that has the chat box. Be on vent ready to listen or to speak up if/when necessary.

Agree
Back to top Go down
Abysmal
Slugg
Slugg
Abysmal

Character sheet
Charater Name: Abysmal
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Ya sorry about last meeting... I was thinking that it was only for new recruits so I went out for the evening. If the next meeting is for everybody I will be there for sure.

Come on OB... I'm going through withdrawal symptoms already!
Back to top Go down
Morzat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Morzat

Character sheet
Charater Name: FleshFiend
Character Occupation: ShoeMaker
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:00 pm

i have vent ready once game and open beta comes out ill be on there.....
Back to top Go down
Icelus
Soldier
Soldier
Icelus

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 pm

I have vent installed and the only server I use it for is ours.
Back to top Go down
Jinxes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Jinxes

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:12 pm

I have it as well. Nothing worse than having to type stuff out to someone in a pivotal moment in game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It has come to my attention...   It has come to my attention... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It has come to my attention...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next