Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Problems with my mic.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

Problems with my mic. Empty
PostSubject: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:53 pm

Now, I actually do have a mic, but for the past few months, my PC refuses to pick it up. The settings are the same as they ever were, but still, I can't record my voice from my mic, which means I can't talk on vent on my main PC. I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be, because I've never had a problem like this before.

Ah... here's a pic:
Problems with my mic. Recording1

Also, using a Sound Blaster Audigy as my soundcard.

Any ideas? Need more pics? I called a friend who is coming over to try to help me right now, and hopefully we can figure this out, but any suggestions as to what it could be would be most appreciated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:03 pm

I would make sure your mic boost is on
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Problems with my mic. Left_bar_bleue684/0Problems with my mic. Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Yeah, my mic stopped working last night. Sad
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Kade wrote:

Mic boost? If you mean that thing that's attached to my headphones, then yea, its on. :<
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:
Problems with my mic. Left_bar_bleue0/0Problems with my mic. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Belhabib wrote:
Kade wrote:

Mic boost? If you mean that thing that's attached to my headphones, then yea, its on. :<

Theres an option to boost the mic under SOUND AND AUDIO DEVICES(in xp). When you open up the window you should be in the VOLUME tab. Under DEVICE VOLUME, click the ADVANCED button. It will open up a volume control panel for your system. If you see MIC LINE as an option then under it has another ADVANCED button. Click that and on the bottom there is a check box to enable mic boost.

If you DONT see MIC VOLUME as an option. Click OPTIONS under the volume control panel. Click PROPERTIES. Make sure your MIXER DEVICE is set to your sound cards AUDIO OUTPUT. In the below scroll window, go down to MIC VOLUME and check it. Click OK and close that window. Now you should see MIC VOLUME under your control panel options.
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:20 pm

Vitalious wrote:
Belhabib wrote:
Kade wrote:

Theres an option to boost the mic under SOUND AND AUDIO DEVICES(in xp). When you open up the window you should be in the VOLUME tab. Under DEVICE VOLUME, click the ADVANCED button. It will open up a volume control panel for your system. If you see MIC LINE as an option then under it has another ADVANCED button. Click that and on the bottom there is a check box to enable mic boost.

If you DONT see MIC VOLUME as an option. Click OPTIONS under the volume control panel. Click PROPERTIES. Make sure your MIXER DEVICE is set to your sound cards AUDIO OUTPUT. In the below scroll window, go down to MIC VOLUME and check it. Click OK and close that window. Now you should see MIC VOLUME under your control panel options.

It seems my mic was muted... but when I go to record my voice, I get nothing still. :<
Back to top Go down
Trakis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Character sheet
Charater Name: Trakis
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
Problems with my mic. Left_bar_bleue0/0Problems with my mic. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 pm

You have your mic plugged into the right jack right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:07 am

Yup.

My on-board sound card is recording just fine, there must be something wrong with my sound card itself. I really hope its not affecting my PC has a whole, but that would explain some of the random crashes I experience. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my mic.   Problems with my mic. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with my mic.
Page 1 of 1