Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU vs US

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 am

In WoW its the case that there are 2 versions (read WoW-US or WoW-Eu) of the game, with two different 'main servers' one for europe, one for usa.
Essentially what im getting at is... will it be the same in WAR with two diff versions of the game and whatnot? or will it be one big jumble together.
If it is a global game, then it could raise difficulties for defence of a keep, where a european guild is all in bed allowing an american guild to rape them, and that kinda thing.

just my 2cents, any1 have more info than me?

(also ive heard if u preorder u get 3keys for open beta - if any1 can toss me a spare one, then that would be appreciated, i gotta see if there are any collectors editions left or not, and whether or not i can afford it, being a poor student xD)
Back to top Go down
Goodkat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Goodkat

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:07 pm

I reserved a collectors edition for the sole purpose of getting into the open beta and, more importantly, into the head start. The head start is the ability to play the REAL game for maybe a week before everyone else. For example, the average guy that gets the game right away will log in asap and already find me with a weeks experience and level. I'm paying the extra money into the collectors edition for the ability to get a leg up on the average guy.
Back to top Go down

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:18 pm

It depends on the popularity of the game whether they split the servers

though in all likelyhood they will split them anyway, since i have no urge to spend however much a month to spend on servers 3000+ miles away which would more then likely just mean shitty load times and bandwith for me
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm

I haven't preordered yet, and I don't think I will. It's not so much that im cheap, its more that i don't like to spend money. I waited years for this game. One more week wont kill me.

Skull will be forming the guild right off the bat along with anyone who joins him, so the day before hand, look for his instruction on what server to hit up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
EU vs US Left_bar_bleue684/0EU vs US Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Well they are using the same company to develop and distribute WAR in europe as they used in DAoC so I think they would have different versions. But with WoW you could change the realmlist to europe or american servers so you might be able to do that with WAR too.
Back to top Go down

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Kade wrote:
Skull will be forming the guild right off the bat along with anyone who joins him, so the day before hand, look for his instruction on what server to hit up.

I hope he doesn't pick a big server. I can't take the lag and the social annoyance from multitudes of bad players from big servers.

Anywhoo, I was thinking of preordering the collector's edition when I saw the price. I might just preorder the normal one. I finally have money from selling my old bike, so I'll probably go with that.

On the other hand, I might just wait until WAR comes out, see the first impressions, and THEN buy it. It's just not worth it preordering an MMO if I don't know how well of a response it gets. I'm still very hyped for WAR, but I don't want to be disappointed.

EDIT: Wow, at first I thought this was a topic about preordering WAR. Pfft, I feel absent-minded right now.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:57 am

I will be looking to see what server will the be the High Pop server and which two will be right under that. High Pop servers are usually more active, the economy more stable and the ability to find groups and guild members is much much easier. With the technology that Mythic is likely using for their servers, it's going to be more on the user's end that will cause lag issues.

Yes, I will be looking for a High Pop server, but that is for the benefit of the guild as a whole.

Keep in mind, however, that knowing which server will be a High Pop and which won't is not something anyone can easily predict. Plus, there may be a checksum in place to even the populace out across all the servers.

Hard to know anything right now.

But yes, I will be making a VERY clear post both here and on the main site about what server we'll be on and I'll give instructions on where to meet.

EDIT:
The whole US vs EU thing was Blizzard's idea for their game. I've not seen a lot of subscription-based MMOs that have done that sort of thing. I think WoW might be the only one that did that successfully. Mythic would have announced by now if they had plans to segregate in such a manner. I don't see it happening, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:49 am

Skullfish wrote:
Keep in mind, however, that knowing which server will be a High Pop and which won't is not something anyone can easily predict.only one that did that successfully. Mythic
Just pick the server with the coolest name, those tend to have the highest pop. Take WoW for example, Spinebreaker was a high pop server while Garithos(server I played on) was low pop and eventually became a dead server because everyone left.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:51 am

Kinda true.

Warsong was a high pop for a while at the beginning. But some of the servers that became high pop servers after a while didn't fit with that methodology.

I don't think we'll have to worry, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:58 am

Yeah, I wasn't really being serious about that, but sometimes it works out that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EU vs US Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US   EU vs US Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EU vs US
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: