Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions for you.

Go down 
+3
Soulscar Loneshadow
Squib
Giggle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Giggle

Character sheet
Charater Name: Giggle
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
Questions for you. Left_bar_bleue0/0Questions for you. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Greetings Warfist!

I was doing scenarios last night, on my quest to level up, and I noticed something rather interesting.

Since I play a Shaman, I often compare my stats and results of the battle to other healers. The results of what I've seen are all over the place.

While I didn't collect any hard data ( perhaps I should, I would be interested in seeing the numbers ) of the healing/damage done, I can relay what I saw.

Running Nordenwatch about 10 times, I've found that healing classes usually do one of two things.

Heal like no bodies business, achieving over 20k healing… but 0 Damage. I saw a Zealot and a Shaman do this.

Or

Do nothing but damage, and very small heals ( under 2k ). Their total output of the damage done was rather impressive. The Shaman can sustain their assault for some time due to our AP leeching abilities.

I often found myself smack in the middle. I would have 10-12k healing with 10-12k damage.
I would heal the tanks, the MDPS, even the poor sorcerer that was getting feedback. I rarely healed myself as the person spamming heals topped me off.

The point of all this is the following:

In your opinion, what would you consider more effective? Obviously I was not a chart topper, but I kind of relished in the fact I was equal on all parts. I even managed 3 killing blows in a single scenario.

Am I hindering my team by not healing more? Not doing enough damage?
I thought about posting this on a major forum like WHA, or some such - but honestly I'd rather hear your opinions. It is my hope to join this guild, so your input is valuable to me.

Keep in mind I am only level 11, so my knowledge of shaman post 10 is limited. But so far, I "feel" like I've got the hang of my role. I guess that is all anyone can really hope for.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:42 pm

I would rather have someone like you on my team that's playing the class the way it was designed. It's meant to be the middle ground for both and most people see a heal spell and go "I R HEELZ HURHUR" or the other way with the damage spells. I see far too many ignore the full potential of their class.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Soulscar Loneshadow
Slugg
Slugg
Soulscar Loneshadow

Character sheet
Charater Name: Soulscar
Character Occupation: Witch Elf
Experience:

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm

when I was playing a shaman in beta I was showing similar numbers. Use your waaagh mechanic. Throw out some insta-HoT's on whoever is nearby and then hit some order with a fully charged damage spell, follow it up with some more damage or healing, whichever is needed, and burn your fully charged waaagh.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm

you will max you class by going back and forth between damage and healing. That is not always true of a zealot, they are more of your true healbot. A shaman was meant to do damage and heal and the more you do of both the beter you get at both.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Questions for you. Left_bar_bleue684/0Questions for you. Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:36 pm

Yeah, as a Shaman, balance your damage and healing and you will be the most effective.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Questions for you. Left_bar_bleue151/200Questions for you. Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Squib Pony wrote:
most people see a heal spell and go "I R HEELZ HURHUR"

I just shat myself.

Squib, I love you.
Back to top Go down
doctortran
Grunt
Grunt
doctortran

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:34 pm

Yeah if you have a mechanic, use it. The current zealot/rune priest mechanic is they don't generate morale unless they are doing damage (seriously), which isn't much of an incentive in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for you.   Questions for you. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions for you.
Page 1 of 1