Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Successful City Siege

Go down 
+11
Xemos
satrina
Tala/Sauska
Trakis
Derwydd Gimphealer
Goodkat
Cosidius
Kade
Icelus
Squib
Nuken
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuken
Maggot
Maggot

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:
First Successful City Siege Left_bar_bleue0/0First Successful City Siege Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

First Successful City Siege Empty
PostSubject: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Check out this link

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/45474

Destruction succesfully took the city.
Back to top Go down
Nuken
Maggot
Maggot

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:
First Successful City Siege Left_bar_bleue0/0First Successful City Siege Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:03 pm

On a different server
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:02 am

After reading that, I have to say I share in Mythic's disappointment that it happened so quickly and so easily. I was expecting epic and if there's a shortcut that can be found like this that makes that easy.....

I certainly hope Mythic takes this and makes the changes necessary to make the city siege exactly what it's supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Icelus
Soldier
Soldier
Icelus

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:25 am

How was Destruction able to use a rear door? I thought those doors were only accessible by Order players and what not, like postern doors on keeps?
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:47 am

Whatever, this is more or less an exploit and i say it shouldn't really ever count.

Taking an undefended server by exploiting?

First real city capture is still up for grabs people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Cosidius
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Cosidius

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cocidius
Character Occupation: Sorceror
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:30 pm

Kade wrote:
Whatever, this is more or less an exploit and i say it shouldn't really ever count.

Taking an undefended server by exploiting?

First real city capture is still up for grabs people.
i agree
Back to top Go down
Goodkat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Goodkat

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 am

Not to sound like an ass to this this thread, but if we want to be in on a city seige we need to get leveling. It has to be a team effort with us and the other guilds.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Goodkat wrote:
Not to sound like an ass to this this thread, but if we want to be in on a city seige we need to get leveling. It has to be a team effort with us and the other guilds.

OMG AGREE ......said by the person sitting at 31 ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Yea, ill be 30 by the end of the weekend hopefully
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Trakis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Character sheet
Charater Name: Trakis
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 pm

We're only 3 weeks into the game, y'know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tala/Sauska
Raven War Lord
Raven War Lord
Tala/Sauska

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:13 pm

To be honest, I've rushed to max level in every game i've played, so that I can contribute to server/US/World firsts. While i completely understand leveling up to help the guild out at higher levels, I refuse to push myself into hating this game because I'm not doing it at the pace i want to go. I don't want to "roll an alt" to see the game, I want to see the game on the character I want to play. Not to mention, I want to do my leveling right, doing the quests, getting the influence, the renown, the tome unlocks, as I should, not back-tracking just to do this. I want to have a well-rounded character when I hit 40.

Is it really a slap in our faces if Order takes a city first? Does that mean all of Destruction sucks because we're not zomg rushing to max level like they did? Are we doomed for all eternity of we don't make server firsts, or let Order have their glory for a bit? We all know that we can roll order. It's been proven time and time again. So let them take some things while the rest of Destruction levels up, so we can take it all back from them.

I know you guys at higher levels are itching for things to do. Really I do. But I am getting tired of the "level faster" mantra I keep hearing. And I still believe that my well-rounded, character, when it gets to T4, will be better able to contribute at that level, than if I just blew thru content. Like Trakis said, it's only 3 weeks into the game, we don't know how much influence, tome unlocks, etc are going to effect high end play. I'd like to find out.

As long as the guild is moving along, as it is, at a steady pace, I really think the pressure to make us level -faster- needs to come down a notch, as was agreed before.

But that's my opinion, of course.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:26 pm

There's people chanting "level faster"?? I couldn't hear it over all the fun I'm having leveling at my own pace. Wink

I said before headstart that I would very likely be leveling slower than Kade. And lookie here! I am.

I am moving as fast as I feel like moving and for once in my MMO life, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:49 am

Tala/Sauska wrote:
While i completely understand leveling up to help the guild out at higher levels, I refuse to push myself into hating this game because I'm not doing it at the pace i want to go.

Agreed completely.

As much as it sucks right now to not be out helping and conquering RvR with you upper level guys, I know that if I just push myself to level fast then I will start hating the game and won't want to play at all.
Right now I'm motivated to level specifically to help out and have fun, but I'm doing at my own pace (which is very very slow. haha) so that I don't want to quit WAR before a month is up. =P

We'll get there when we get there, and Warfist will be kicking some serious ass when we're all up there at 40.
Back to top Go down
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:41 pm

lol who is chanting level faster?
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 pm

It's been thrown around in "casual" conversation a few times. But enough so that it makes some of us feel like we're being pushed. And if I feel like I'm being pushed into something (other than bills and stuff), I'll push back, and I'll win just to make a point.

But I've been leveling slow for all sorts of reasons. I haven't felt like anyone is pushing me. Yet.
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:05 pm

I haven't experienced too much of the "level faster" chanting.
In jest mostly, though a few times on the forums with less jest and more seriousness. Not directed at any one person in particular, just at the guild as a whole.
It's never been so direct that it was out of line, just a little annoying that some people dont' realize that everyone's play style/time is different.
Back to top Go down
Supa
Slugg
Slugg
Supa

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:03 am

dont worry just take ur time
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:56 am

Supa wrote:
dont worry just take ur time

Smile
I'm not worried in the slightest.

Just answering the questions. =P
Back to top Go down
Unknihil

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:05 am

Lol I WAS on the server (Averheim) that first took the city. I think I was like lvl 28/9 or something around there when it happened. I got on right after we were kicked from the city. It really just showed mythic how flawed it all was so they could correct it. Wasn't really real. I was up late the night (or morning) before the city was taken though, and I helped in the T4 RvR with my previous guild (the Legion of Steel) all the way up to the fortress but it seemed hopeless then. The fight must have gotten much easier once they took the fort and got to the city.
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:44 am

I hate you for bumping this thread.
Back to top Go down
Ravey
Soldier
Soldier
Ravey

Character sheet
Charater Name: Ravey
Character Occupation: Witch Elf
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Vit wrote:

lol cranky
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Ravey wrote:
Vit wrote:

lol cranky

Where's my gd coffee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Successful City Siege   First Successful City Siege Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Successful City Siege
Page 1 of 1