Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Left_bar_bleue684/0Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Empty
PostSubject: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Folks,

Well, the big day is here as this morning saw some major announcements hit the newswire. I’ll now go into some detail regarding the press release as well as make some other announcements here. I’ll also give some color to the stuff that has been swirling around here lately:

1) Our launch date of September 18th is indeed official. Last week I had said that this week’s news wasn’t going to cover the release date but some things came together just a wee bit faster than we expected (and how surprising is that?). Plus, with the retailers announcing the date (though some did put in the wrong date), we felt that we owed it to the community to announce our release date a little earlier than planned. Coordinating all the partners, retailers, etc., is as usual, *interesting* so we made the decision to announce the date today. As always, that date is still dependent on the remainder of beta going well, but as of this morning we are still on track for the 18th. As to why it’s on a Thursday, in order to ensure a simultaneous launch in North America and Europe and Oceania, we determined that Thursday was the optimal day and date. Coordinating a simultaneous launch in North America and Europe alone is quite challenging and because we did not want our European customers to have to wait even a few days longer than those in North America, we chose Thursday as the best possible day of the week to launch. With a launch on the 18th, WAR’s development time will still rank as one of the shortest of any major North American and European MMORPGs to date. I am amazingly proud of our team’s effort and I hope, in about a month, you’ll agree that WAR is a great MMORPG.

2) As to the subscription pricing, this subject has been debated continually since we announced the development of WAR. We have been very upfront with the community about our willingness to charge more than what is the current “established” MMO subscription rate, just as we did when we launched DAoC. We have seen lots of polls, heard lots of comments and after much thought and discussion, we decided to keep prices on the same level with the competition. We know that the vast majority of the community will be happy with this decision so we’re happy to be able to do this for our players.

3) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, I’m pleased to announce that we will be holding a special “Preview Weekend” in addition to the normal Open Beta. Those people who pre-ordered the CE will be given priority entrance into the PW. You will need to download the client (of course) from one of several download options, none of which will require any additional payment of any kind. Once the CE buyers have had their chance to register and download the client, we will allow our Closed Beta testers into the PW as well. We would like to have around 100K people load testing and playing the game so depending on how many CE purchasers sign up for this, we will invite other people into the PW as well.

4) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are extending the Head Start for the pre-order CE (not the SE) buyers by at least an additional day as an added thank you for buying our CE. Just as with the PW, no additional fee will be required to play in our Head Start.

5) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are pleased to announce that we will also be inviting our pre-order CE buyers into our Closed Beta test starting next week. There will still be some hardware spec requirements (but they are much lower than our current requirements) since we are still in Closed Beta but we expect that the vast majority of our PO CE buyers will meet the lowered requirements. We gotten a lot of feedback from the community on this point over the last few weeks asking for this and we are now going to make it happen.

6) Regarding the start of OB, we are still working out all the details and when we are 100% locked into a date, we will be happy to confirm it unequivocally. As the history of MMOs has shown, a bad OB can hurt both the long-term and the short-term the success of a game just as surely as a great OB can help the game succeed and we need to make sure that we are ready for OB on the day it begins.

7) Regarding the NDA lift, we hope to lift the NDA next week, one month before launch. I wish I could lift it right now but as I’ve said elsewhere, we need to take care of a three issues before the NDA is lifted. One has already been taken care of and I hope that by the end of next week, the other two will be taken care of as well. Once we lift the NDA I’ll go into more detail as to what the issues were and why I wanted to hold things up. The remaining two issues are not earth-shattering by any means but when I explain things, I hope you’ll understand why I wanted to wait another week.

So, that’s it for today’s announcements. We will have more over the remaining weeks before launch but I believe that all of these announcements are both great news for the community and well in keeping with our long-standing approach of talking with and getting feedback from the community. Whether it is the longer HS, the extra PW or the subscription pricing, we have shown that we are responsive to the needs/desires of our community and will act accordingly.

I hope that these announcements both fulfill my promise of major news this week as well as news that was going to make the entire community very happy. This message is chock full of more positive things that almost any I have been able to deliver about WAR since we signed the deal for Warhammer three years ago.

I also hope that these announcements, taken along with the previews that we have been receiving, show the community that WAR is both coming and coming along nicely.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Left_bar_bleue684/0Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Numbers 3, 4, and 5 are especially exciting for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Goodkat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Goodkat

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:37 pm

No doubt. I am ordering new comp as we speak.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Nice Brewer.
Today is the most exciting day of my summer vacation...until I actually get to play the game Smile
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:
Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Left_bar_bleue0/0Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 pm

So im wondering... How long will we get to play CB when OB (download) is next week also hmm

Surely they wouldnt make the OBers download a client and then wait 2 weeks to play.. thats just like torture and suicidal .lol...
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Hmm, good question Aden.
I think we're going to get to play CB for a week and then patch/download a new client for OB and maybe the servers will go down to get ready for OB...I have no idea though, just a guess.
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Experience:
Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Left_bar_bleue0/0Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 pm

hey are you sure that 3.2 beta client will work?? is it just patches.. or completely new downloads between 3.2 and 3.3??
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm not sure, not in Beta. Squib asked me to find a torrent for it and that's the latest one I can find. So feel free to try it, but, if it will work for when we get into CB or not, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:17 pm

DAoC players will be getting into beta too.

A long time ago we called for all DAoC players to sign up for the WAR beta. As of now, all the players that have signed up and are part of the WAR system will be invited into either the closed or the open beta. We couldn't let a lot of them in early because many did not meet our hardware specs but our plan is that everyone who has a DAoC association who is currently signed up for WAR's beta into the beta test.

Mark

Yay 800 posts. No new rank Sad
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 pm

Aden wrote:
hey are you sure that 3.2 beta client will work?? is it just patches.. or completely new downloads between 3.2 and 3.3??
Even though there seems to be an issue with me being able to log in, the 3.2 client updated to 3.3 earlier when I tried to log in. Not sure what's up with the info Enger gave me right now, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:02 am

maybe they are taking the servers down for the new heep of invites for next week?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:41 am

Thats what I'm thinking to Aden. I was trying to log on last night and it kept saying "Authentification failed", like I put in my password wrong. Tried a couple of times and then got a "Patch Failed to Connect" or something. So either they are taking the servers down or mass patching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News   Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Jacobs Gives More Good News
Page 1 of 1