Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:59 pm

I will be honest, i really dislike WoW, so keep in mind that anything i post about it will be colored in that light. As long as you are fine with that, continue reading.

Now keep in mind that i started playing WoW in beta, and quit about a year after TBC was released. I was hard core for most of that time, and by the luck of the draw, most of the guilds i was a part of were end game raiding guilds.

WoW's descent into darkness began when they released the game with about half of the features that they had promised. Anyone remember that hero classes, siege weapons, city sieges, battlegrounds, and a whole slew of other pvp features were actually supposed to be in at release, and likely would have been if they had waited a few more months to release it like they should have. They then a few months later dropped those features and denied ever saying they would be in the game when asked about them by pvpers who were faithfully waiting. That was the first mistake.

Second mistake came a year later when they started nerfing/buffing classes based on feedback gathered through the forums. Regardless of what blizzard says, it is no coincidence that every time a large group of people started whining about something, blizzard would change it. Not only that but players began to document instances of favoritism in the blizzard ranks. Guilds that blizzard employees were a part of would suddenly be able to transfer servers before the service was available. Closed betas no longer became closed to friends of employees. Blizzard denied everything naturally and in many cases banned people who knew about it creating an environment where no one trusted blizzard anymore. I dont know about you but i dont want to play a game where i dont trust the people making it and policing it. Blizzard became impersonal and refused to help people with legitimate problems. Customers got screwed over and blizzard didnt care because of how many subscribers they had. Whats one or two drops in a bucket?

Third Mistake is directly related to the second because blizzard figured out that no matter what they did, and how much people complained, their numbers kept going up. They were making money hand over fist and were supporting a player base twice the size they should have been with that staff level. So instead of hiring more staff and more content creators which would have saved WoW from decline by keeping peoples interest in the game, They continue to put out more mediocre content. If you take away the new graphics for the boss mobs, you basically have the same fight, or variations there of in every instance. Now don't get me wrong, i know there are new boss scripts, and they all do different things, but 99% of all the bosses have one thing in common. They all have more hit points, and hit harder. Which would be fine if it were moderated so that a player in Tier 1-2 was able to still compete on any meaningful level in the newer instances.

See the problem here is that a player in Tier 1-2 armor is worthless in the end game. In order to compete in anything, you have to constantly upgrade your armor to have any sort of chance at surviving. What WoW should have done is come up with instance encounters that were actually clever rather than just the same bosses over and over again with more hit points and more damage. If that were to happen, and the gear that came from these new instance gave your character different abilities rather than just more hit points, armor, and stats, What this creates is a rather large division between hardcore raiders and everyone else. This was fixed for some classes when the arena came out allowing people to gather high end gear with no raiding, but the arena has massive issues of its own, and its a band aid fix at best and everyone knew it.

Burning Crusade promised to solve a great many of WoW's problems but only served to completely invalidate nearly all the content that blizzard had previously written. Had it been more of an expansion rather than a new game with the same graphics and classes, it would have saved WoW rather than just prolong its death. Subscriptions have dipped sharply since TBC came out, and they are counting on a new expansion to breath life into the game.
The New expansion proves to prolong its death a little longer, but once everyone has a death knight (which you know EVERYONE will roll), and has gotten bored with the new dungeons, subscriptions will dip yet again and blizzard will be forced to ether put out a new xpack and keep the game on life support, or completely revamp how the game functions.

its a moot point, we all know what they will do. Blizzard has time and again proven that they are completely unable to think outside the box they have created for themselves. While they may be outside of the box in terms of what they do now, they are in a box of their own making and have little desire to move beyond it. Blizzard has no desire to create real meaningful content and attract new players, they are focused on damage control and keeping the players they have now which as any good business person will tell you is a good way to become obsolete.

The Only way blizzard will ever become the powerhouse it once was is to create new, meaningful content that will revitalize the game. Personally i wouldn't bet on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:55 pm

I'll correct you on a couple statements cuz I know some asshate will jump in and scream about it.

Subsrciptions:
They are going up. But the key here is to know WHERE it's going up. Not in America or for their EU servers. Everyone likes to hype about "ZOMG Blizz has almost 11 million subscribers!!" But they always, ALWAYS leave out two key words. WORLD. WIDE. Honestly, I could give a rats shit about how many scrips they have in China, or Russia, or soon, Latin America. No one in America, other than Blizz, cares either. If you can find the numbers, and they are posted, the scrips in the US and EU are declining at a steady rate.

Arenas:
I could go off on this topic for some time, but I'll keep short.
Kalgan and the other monkeys that are in charge of balancing classes have begun using Arenas as a means to balance the game. Just before 2.4 went live, there were numerous nerfs that were planned for the Warlock class. And Kalgan admitted to using the Arena stats as a basis for said nerfs. His reason? "Warlocks in arenas are on the uptrend." So instead of separating PvE and PvP class balance, things are now being balance around small group, controlled PvP. Some people hail Arenas as the ultimate for PvP when in fact it's just the opposite.

Hero Class:
Originally, the Hero classes were being described as being more powerful, stronger and above the normal classes in regards to spells and abilities. That apparently would create an imbalance ni class make up if they stuck with doing things properly. Instead, they have stated that Deathknights are heroic because "they start at a higher level." Hero Classes are no longer better, more heroic, than their standard allies. They now are only heroic because you get to skip the first half of the game. You can do that same thing if you're not opposed to using ebay. So in essence, all the classes are now heroic. A massive fail on Blizzard's part.

As a side note, I don't hate the game as much as Condemnation, but I certainly have my issues with it. I'll continue to play it until WAR is released just so I have something to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:56 pm

I have played WoW since close to release. When I first played it my penis was 11 and a half inches long. Now its 11. You forgot to mention the fact that WoW, like steroids and radiation, also alters your reproductive organs in a negative manner.

I have now put my hope, and my penis, in the hands of EA Mythic. I hope to regain the half inch, in WAR, that Blizzard stole from me.

That is my argument in a nutshell from WoW vs WAR. Going into further detail is futile. For the sake of my penis, for the sake of gamers, for the sake of humanity... can we please all just agree that WoW should be remembered as a bad game and leave it at that?

My dear Skullfish, fear not for you shall have a grander addiction soon enough. Hang in there buddy.

Fuck your blue font, Con. Shit gives me a headache with a gray background.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I told him about that blue font. I think it's a subconcious extension of the color of his balls. But I can't so for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Blue is my favorite color!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 pm

I thought I was going to be smart and highlight all the text so I could read it, boy was that mistake. Reading through it all I think I am going to blind now.. Does Warfist have a vision plan?
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:37 pm

hehe I'm going to edit it so it doesn't rape people's eyes anymore.

I just copied the whole thing over to notepad to read it. partly cuz I don't like reading that much in that small of a font. But I'm a geezer about some things, so meh...

Hey! Kids!! GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN!!!
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:53 am

Vision plan....vision plan....let me find it....Ahh here it is.

"...Deformities of any kind are not acceptable in the eyes of the lord of murder. Any child born less than whole, or any disabled, deformed, warrior otherwise unable to fulfill his oath to his house shall be offered up as a sacrifice to the great cauldron in the temple of Kane. Should Kane find him worthy he shall be spared and restored...."

ya sorry. looks like your kinda screwed there. But its ok, the evil text was deliberate. As leader of one of the great houses comprising our alliance i am honor bound to embody the principles of chaos and test your mettle at every opportunity. or when i get bored.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:45 am

I totally agree. I mean i kept playing WoW after TBC just because of arenas... My 5v5 team was the best in our battlegroup #1 for the entire season, i pretty much just realized how much of a repetitive bore WoW was and how they were never going to fix class imbalances.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 4:37 pm

For most of us, it's the only thing out there to do until WAR breaks out. Which kinda sucks, really. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 5:13 pm

Yeah .. wow is about the only thing going right now. Keeps me occupied & gives my jones for digital entertainment some relief.

The other thing that gives some relief being..

Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. 4-96Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. 4-96Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. 4-96Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. 4-96Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. 4-96

Oh yeah.. thats relaxing
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:40 pm

dammit Rom.... that's .... what was i saying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Mesmerizing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.   Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why WoW Sucks and where they went wrong.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: