Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need some help with my vista install

Go down 
+3
Jezzabelle
Trakis
Derwydd Gimphealer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
I need some help with my vista install Left_bar_bleue0/0I need some help with my vista install Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

I need some help with my vista install Empty
PostSubject: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:46 pm

I got my vista 64 installed but for the life of me I cant get my mic working I have a creative fatility soundblaster x-fi sound card. Any hints would be beautiful. though the sound works fine.
Back to top Go down
Trakis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Character sheet
Charater Name: Trakis
Experience:
I need some help with my vista install Left_bar_bleue0/0I need some help with my vista install Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:09 pm

This is a generic tip, but right click on the volume icon in the system tray, select "Recording devices" and make sure your microphone is the input device. With my Audigy 2ZS it defaulted to "What you hear." Also, with microphone selected, click on properties and make sure that your microphone's level is at 100, and that microphone boost is on.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:27 pm

Ty this helped I now have it working ;-)
Back to top Go down
Trakis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Character sheet
Charater Name: Trakis
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jezzabelle
Maggot
Maggot

Character sheet
Charater Name: Jezzabelle
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:27 am

rofl i had the same problem with my vista
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:42 pm

seems like some weird crap goes on with vista sound stuff...
Back to top Go down
Jezzabelle
Maggot
Maggot

Character sheet
Charater Name: Jezzabelle
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 pm

I've really been debating about going back to XP...but i just got all my crap reinstalled Sad
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 pm

So Im still having problems with my vista 64 I can hear everyone perfectly and i sound realy bad. I found this post in the vent forums. I have a x-fi sound card.........
So if anyone has anyother ideas im game to hear them Smile

http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-22475.html
had the following problem: mic wouldnt work at all or wouldnt work right, i often sounded "like a robot" or "like a machine gun" when tried to talk on vent.

the problem as i have found out is compund and 2 fold. half is the fault of creative x-fi + vista, the otehr half is ventrilo.

i use soundblaster X-Fi xtreme gamer, and vista 64 home premium edition.

i dont know if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

1st off go to safe mode uninstall all creative software especially drivers. while still in safe mode, go into registry and through the directories and manually delete anything that got leftover by the craptacular windoze uninstaller.

2. i got a USB headset. i can imagine for those that use speakers a USB standalone mic will work just as well. select this device as the default mic input in youraudio console and set the volume up because its all the way down when you 1st get it. dont run in gaming mode, run in entertainment mode. this made my microphone work in windows recorder to perfection, it is what fixes the creative/x-fi side of the problem, everything will now work beautifull , the windows microphone recorder as well as skype, teamspeak etc. but ventrilo still wont.

3. the problem with ventrilo is the commonly used Speex codec. speex, which enables mac owners to have microphone communications, unfortunately tops out @ 32khz and 16 bit. my system, the SB X-FI and i can imagine anyone elses higher end vista system STARTS @ 44khz and 16 bit and goes up from there.

to fix the vent part of the problem i had the server admin set the codec to GSM 6.10 this has compeltely, totally and utterly fixed my entire remainign vent problems, it has now been working perfect for a couple days, and we tested it. everytime he puts it back to speex the "talking liek robot or machine gun" comes back, when we put it back on GSM 6.10 vent works great.

note: when admin restets the codec , you have to go into audio console and match the settings and volumes, then do a hardboot so that they get properly saved and enabled. then log into vent with the new protocol.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 am

Well then, I guess we need to know if we have any mac users in the guild? And by that I mean, is the mac the system you are playing on when you play WAR? I don't even know if WAR is available for mac, to be honest.

If it's not, then I'll look into switching the codecs and see how things pan out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Azrile
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Azrile
Character Occupation: Beheader
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 am

(Squib is really just trying to single out the mac users so he can come kill you in your sleep)
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Macs are evil and must be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:36 pm

when someone can get on vent will you I got the logitech clear chat usb head st and i want to see if its working
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 pm

saddly im at work all day today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:43 pm

I figured it was worth a try with the usb headset this not being able to talk is killing me
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:22 pm

Azrile wrote:
(Squib is really just trying to single out the mac users so he can come kill you in your sleep)
LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my vista install   I need some help with my vista install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some help with my vista install
Page 1 of 1