Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Google Chrome

Go down 
+5
doctortran
Jinxes
Trakis
Mookie
Kromaxx
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kromaxx
Slugg
Slugg
Kromaxx

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Seems to be pretty cool so far...except it doesn't work with these forums...the text box to post isn't showing up. Oh well, unless I'm doing something wrong looks like I'm sticking w/ Firefox.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Google Chrome Left_bar_bleue684/0Google Chrome Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:57 pm

What is this Google Chrome you speak of? scratch
Back to top Go down
Trakis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Character sheet
Charater Name: Trakis
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
Google Chrome Left_bar_bleue0/0Google Chrome Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:10 am

I'm not thrilled about how GoogleUpdate.exe is determined to run even if I remove it from the startup list and don't start Chrome. Never gonna install another Google app again. Scumbags.
Back to top Go down
Jinxes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Jinxes

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:24 am

Heh, I didn't know they had their own browser. I'll be sticking with my Firefox though.
Back to top Go down
doctortran
Grunt
Grunt
doctortran

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 am

Kromaxx wrote:
Seems to be pretty cool so far...except it doesn't work with these forums...the text box to post isn't showing up. Oh well, unless I'm doing something wrong looks like I'm sticking w/ Firefox.

It's there, the browser just smooshes it flat. You should notice a black line right underneath the quick reply buttons, and on the far right of that line there is a handle (of sorts) that you can drag with your mouse to make the box bigger/smaller.
Back to top Go down
Kromaxx
Slugg
Slugg
Kromaxx

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:46 am

Novo wrote:
What is this Google Chrome you speak of? scratch

It's google's new web browser. It's currently in beta. Certain things aren't working on it yet though. i.e., these forums (if you try to post anything).
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:17 am

Yes...Google is taking over the world one step at a time.

Next, watch for them to get into the banking industry with ATM machines....Then for an all in one machine that acts as an ATM / Internet Portal

They will put them in malls, rest stops, or anywhere people would need directions. Pop a buck in and get limited access to things like google earth, google maps, yellow pages, apartments, food place reviews. etc etc.

and ya, crome doesnt seem to like html windows like this just yet. reviews, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Cruxis
Maggot
Maggot

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:33 pm

The gif in my sig is slow also from what I've seen. Google also has software for phones coming to battle Apple.
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:05 am

For what it's worth......
I think google is a really great company for several different reasons.

i haven't tried chrome yet (and not sure i will anytime soon, i love my firefox), but i fully support them delving into new things.
they are a very creative company and they have put out some great stuff (i <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 my gmail), so i'm interested to see what else they can do.
Back to top Go down
Masice
Slugg
Slugg
Masice

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Well I've been using chrome for a while now. It's really great, super fast. Yea, can't see the msg box as mentioned above. The tabbing improvements are great. The tab page is also better than just being nothing like IE. And starting up and instantly having 10 websites up simulatenously is nice.

Altho, the bugs seem to make it not so secured, so might want to think about using it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome
Page 1 of 1