Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mark Jacobs Talks About Release Date Rumors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Mark Jacobs Talks About Release Date Rumors Left_bar_bleue684/0Mark Jacobs Talks About Release Date Rumors Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

Mark Jacobs Talks About Release Date Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Mark Jacobs Talks About Release Date Rumors   Mark Jacobs Talks About Release Date Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm

I just copied and pasted this straight from warhammeralliance.com

Well MBJ has finally stepped in to comment on all the speculation going on around the recent interview with Paul and other rumors springing up.

Mr Jacobs sets the record straight:
Quote:
Folks,

LOL. No, we're not finished, wish we were. We've still got a lot of work and testing left to do before we're ready to ship. One of the things that a lot of the writers lately have been saying is that they are rather surprised at how polished and deep the game feels and how, in comparison to some other MMORPGs at launch, how stable and playable the game is already. I think that's what Paul might have been referring to, if that quote was accurate, as he knows full well that we really couldn't ship the game today. Believe me, if I thought the game was ready to go out the door now I would be the first one to scream "Ship it" at the top of my lungs, take the studio out for a nice celebration and then prepare for the always interesting launch day.

As to when we are going to ship, well, we're still on target for our release date.

Mark
As for the "whole Paul thing":
Quote:
Folks,

FYI, just spoke to Paul and, as expected, Paul was not only misquoted but the interview does not reflect what Paul said to this guy nor the context in which Paul's answers were delivered. Here's a great example, Paul was asked directly by the writer, "If EA put a gun to your head, could you ship it today?" Paul's response was "If we had to, yes" which is the answer that any developer would give to that question and as the history of MMORPGs have shown, including DAoC shipping when it did because we almost out of money, when you have to ship, you ship. So, "If we had to, yes" became "WAR is finished, could ship today."

Sadly, this stuff happens all the time.

Mark
Back to top Go down

Mark Jacobs Talks About Release Date Rumors
Page 1 of 1