Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WAR release date 9/16!!!!

Go down 
+2
Mookie
Roguess
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:
WAR release date 9/16!!!! Left_bar_bleue0/0WAR release date 9/16!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

WAR release date 9/16!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:23 pm

http://forums.tentonhammer.com/showthread.php?t=31768

Also on Amazon!!
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
WAR release date 9/16!!!! Left_bar_bleue684/0WAR release date 9/16!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Yeah, Gamestop sent out emails like this too.
Some people are saying the servers go up the 16th, the head start is on the 18th, and the game actually releases on the 23rd. Not sure where they came up with that but that's what I heard. Anyways, I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 pm

You can't use the dates that game distributors post unless the developer has officially announced the release date themselves. Distributors estimate dates based on experience and other tried and trusted industry methods, and while they are usually accurate to within one to four weeks, until they are given the official date, that's all it is, an estimate.

I use the dates they give to prepare funds and time to be on but don't make any hard plans until the official announcement.

But now we have a date we can start preparing for even if it happens to be one week early or late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:
WAR release date 9/16!!!! Left_bar_bleue0/0WAR release date 9/16!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Squib wrote:
You can't use the dates that game distributors post unless the developer has officially announced the release date themselves. Distributors estimate dates based on experience and other tried and trusted industry methods, and while they are usually accurate to within one to four weeks, until they are given the official date, that's all it is, an estimate.

I use the dates they give to prepare funds and time to be on but don't make any hard plans until the official announcement.

But now we have a date we can start preparing for even if it happens to be one week early or late.

This is true But...

I dont think they have ever posted a time for the servers... When they go to that extent its hard to just say its an estimate..

Plus with the emails being shipped out.. If this is completely made up it is closer to false advertisement rather than just assumptions when they have an exact time and everything else...

This is just what i have seen and agree with..
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:24 am

The original confirmation email has a ship date also. People can argue the reasons behind it all they want, but what it comes down to is that it's for financial bookkeeping purposes. I don't know the details of that, but the manager at the local Gamestop was talking about this when we were talking about the preorder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
WAR release date 9/16!!!! Left_bar_bleue684/0WAR release date 9/16!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:26 am

Squib wrote:
The original confirmation email has a ship date also. People can argue the reasons behind it all they want, but what it comes down to is that it's for financial bookkeeping purposes. I don't know the details of that, but the manager at the local Gamestop was talking about this when we were talking about the preorder.
The manager at my local Gamestop had no damn clue what Warhammer online was.
Back to top Go down
Pwninski
Maggot
Maggot
Pwninski

Character sheet
Charater Name: Eki
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:04 am

ZOMG I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Azrile
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Azrile
Character Occupation: Beheader
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 am

how can he not know about this game coming out.....
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:55 pm

he should be fired.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Yeah, and the other girl that was working there was apparently retarded. When I went there to preorder it I told her that and she went and started looking on the shelf where the pc games are... and then I reminded her that I wanted to PREORDER it and she said ooooh ok so she found it on the computer and I asked if they had any rave cards and she had no clue what I was talking about. I just left and got it from Amazon.com, way less hassle and got my codes as soon as I ordered it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WAR release date 9/16!!!!   WAR release date 9/16!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WAR release date 9/16!!!!
Page 1 of 1