Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

is anyone else

Go down 
+2
Squib
Das Schnitzel
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

is anyone else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Quote :
Red Hot Chili Peppers Facts
Red Hot Chili Peppers or as they often are called "Red Hot" are playing various different music styles. Everything from alternative rock, punk, funk to heavy metal with their own characteristic sound. Michael "Flea" Balzary (bass) gives a unique sound with his bass lines with sounds from funk and blues. A favourite song is one of their older albums and is called "my friends", listen to it and love it!
Source

A 2007 tour advertised on The Metal Forge.com.

Wink Wink

If I wasn't needing to get out the door before a store closes here, I'd look up more sources. As I said, their early stuff is metal. From pretty much mid-90s on, not metal, more grunge/stoner until they evolved into whatever they would be labeled as now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
is anyone else - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue684/0is anyone else - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:36 pm

I don't really care if RHCP is metal or not, they are good. I know you're talking to Squib, just thought I'd say that.
Anyways, I do listen to Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, and some other types of metal bands but I don't like black metal that much, like Job for a Cowboy. I also do like bands like Kamelot, I believe they sing symphonic metal or something like that, it's good though if you've ever heard of them.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:49 pm

I'll have to check out Kamelot. That sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
is anyone else - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue684/0is anyone else - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 pm

Squib wrote:
I'll have to check out Kamelot. That sounds interesting.
I like them a lot, if you want me to recommend some songs to you I can.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Listening to some of Kamelot's stuff reminded me of Stabbing Westward. I used to spin to some of their stuff. Well.... back when I went clubbing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:03 pm

Sooo...did you like them or not? Which songs did you listen to?
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:04 pm

I only listen to a little of Ghost Opera and When the Lights Go Down (i think that was the name of it..)

But yea, I like em. I usually like anything that's not hardcore mainstream but not hardcore indie either.

---

Added - Apoptygma Berzerk is also awesome and does the whole orchestral thing, too. They're kinda techno/metal, though. Still, awesome work. If you can't tell, I used to be big into the goth scene.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Ah cool, come other good songs by them are March of Mephisto, The Spell, Black Halo, Rule the World, and I can't think of any others right now, don't have my iPod with me, give those a listen though and see if you like them.
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Charater Name: Das Schnitzel
Character Occupation: teh pwnage
Experience:
is anyone else - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0is anyone else - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:33 pm

you guys really need to learn what metal is...RHCP may have made a song or 2 that COULD be classified as metal, but THEY are NOT metal. ALSO...Apoptygma Berzerk metal??? u just made every metal head around the world almost have a heart attack.

do not try to defend this against a true metal head.
is anyone else - Page 2 Baseball_fail
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:56 pm

Enough fail pcitures, imo.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:59 pm

You wanna talk to a true metal head, we can get Tarkus in here.

Just because a band does a variety of songs doesn't mean they are not a part of each of those genres. Jewel sings country now. Does that mean she isn't pop music because of that? Pop is where she got her career started. Punk and metal is where RHCP started. And AB is just as metal as Metallica and Def Leopard. They just do it in a different way.

The time when music groups fit one genre only is long gone.

Now if you're referring to death metal or nu metal, those genres of metal just like heavy and punk are. Metal has sub-genres. That's why RHCP is metal. They just aren't the same kind of metal as SOAD (nu metal) or Lordi (death metal, though I would argue they are more parody than death).
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Experience:
is anyone else - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0is anyone else - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:07 am

rock and metal are in separate groups. i guess i cant make u understand it the way i do. and how did genres appear to begin with? when PEOPLE wanted to categorize, and who says what they say is right or wrong? so i guess we are both right and wrong, if you wanna get technical about it. as far as nu metal...please dont use that as a genre, cause it is the most bull(poop) genre ever created. WAAAAY too many different bands fit under that genre. ANY WAY, what im trying to say is, i have MY thoughts for metal, YOU have yours. lets just both agree that rap is the taint of youth.

as for fail pics, they are epic. if i get a chance to use them, i do.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:10 am

Corn Kid wrote:
as for fail pics, they are epic. if i get a chance to use them, i do.

Maybe you could make them a bit smaller then? I just go trolling through the forums like I normally do and then bam! a huge FAIL picture, it gives me a surprise. Razz
Back to top Go down
Azrile
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Azrile
Character Occupation: Beheader
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:11 am

Surprises are good!
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:16 am

Azrile wrote:
Surprises are good!
Not all the time. They tend to give old people heart attacks, that doesn't apply to me though, because I'm 15.

Also, do you guys still want sigs from me? I noticed you and Corn Kid both made your own so I'm just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 am

if u feel motivated, have at er. i made azriles, cause we were waiting for the new camera to charge, lol
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:18 am

Now that's one thing we can definitely agree on. cRAP is horrible. It died when Biggie was shot. Since then, the only good thing to come out of that are the messages Marshal Mathers spoke in his lyrics. The way he delivered them I guess had to be done in that medium for the fullest effect. I can't see those lyrics being effective through country or even metal in any form. Still isn't true rap, though.

I miss the days of Tupac and Biggie. Sad
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:19 am

i hate all rap to be honest with you, but i guess in all honesty, those guys made 'good' rap.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:20 am

Corn Kid wrote:
if u feel motivated, have at er. i made azriles, cause we were waiting for the new camera to charge, lol
I'm definitely going to make them on Monday, just didn't know if you guys still wanted them.
Back to top Go down
Azrile
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:29 am

Ya go for it mook see if u can put Corn's to shame
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:31 am

Azrile wrote:
Ya go for it mook see if u can put Corn's to shame
Haha, I'll try.
I've been trying to get better at my grunge sigs, your sigs will give me good practice since you both want dark/evil looking ones, just gotta download some new brushes and I'll get to them on Monday for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Das Schnitzel
Guild Banana
Guild Banana
Das Schnitzel

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:32 am

thanks mook Smile
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:39 am

No problem, Corn Kid.
Back to top Go down
Azrile
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:42 am

thanks mook

and now we will wait with anticipation tell Monday
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:46 am

Azrile wrote:
thanks mook

and now we will wait with anticipation tell Monday
Haha, I'm sure you will.
It's a shame Corn Kid doesn't keep his renders though, those are pretty good and I don't like cropping out renders myself. I only have one of the Chosen, the same one I used in Enger's sig, I guess I'll have to cut out some new ones so all my sigs don't end up looking the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is anyone else   is anyone else - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is anyone else
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: