Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's the deal with Open Beta?

Go down 
+2
Zul
Kade
6 posters
AuthorMessage

What's the deal with Open Beta? Empty
PostSubject: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:07 pm

Ladies and gentlemen of Warfist, from recent posts it has come to my attention that a few of you are in the open beta. While that's a fine thing and I wish you all well, I does leave me a little confused.

You see, I preordered the Collectors Edition of WAR the day it became available at my local Game Stop. At the end of last month the store finally got my beta and head start codes which I dutifully tried to use, to no avail. At the time the preorder page of the WAR website it was posted that the Open Beta would start on the 15th of August and that I'd need to set up an account on the Mythic Entertainment site. Of course I did this and was informed that my codes could not be used yet. Fair enough, since it wasn't August 15th.

Now the start date for Open Beta on the WAR website is the 18th. The Mythic Entertainment site accepted my codes yesterday but, naturally, I'm still not in the Beta. The trouble is that from what I've read here and elsewhere the Open Beta went live some time last week.

So, my queries are thus: What did you folks in the beta do differently and are you in the Open Beta or is the game still in the Closed Beta stage? Provided the answer to the first question is: Nothing and the game is in Open Beta, does anyone know an admin or someone connected to the beta that I could talk to rectify my situation or am I doomed to send many unheeded irate e-mails to the customer services department?

My thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Actually the game is in closed beta still. Open beta has not gone live yet.

But with the CE you should have gotten in. Maybe one of the other guys can tell you what they did because i did not preorder the CE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Zul
Grunt
Grunt
Zul

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:17 pm

Well this isn't the open beta. This is a CE exclusive closed beta. A select few that met certain computer requirements were allowed in the beta.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:18 pm

The client becomes available for public download on the 15th, was my understanding. OB will probably not start for another week or two. I'd put my money on at least two.

But when you're in, Let, you'll be rollin with the Warfist tag, and I've been doing my part to make those Order people cry, so we'll be known.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
What's the deal with Open Beta? Left_bar_bleue684/0What's the deal with Open Beta? Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:12 pm

The OB client will be downloadable on Monday, the 18th, but that is NOT when OB starts. And those of us who recently got into beta it was from the CE closed beta invites.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
What's the deal with Open Beta? Left_bar_bleue151/200What's the deal with Open Beta? Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:32 pm

I had sex with Paul Barnett. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Having sex with Paul Barnett is never a bad idea. At any time. That would be like having sex with a god.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:25 am

Yes, well, Squib's apparently very generous policy on buggering divinities aside, thanks very much for the information everyone.

As far as downloading the client goes: should I be expecting an e-mail notification when it's available, or will there be some sort of message in my beta center account, or will something entirely different happen?
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
What's the deal with Open Beta? Left_bar_bleue151/200What's the deal with Open Beta? Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 am

You should've had the e-mail by now, eh? Try contacting Mythic, they'll help you out, I'm sure. Have the receipt of your CE order, and they'll let you in, and give you a hand.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
What's the deal with Open Beta? Left_bar_bleue684/0What's the deal with Open Beta? Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 am

nezitic wrote:
You should've had the e-mail by now, eh? Try contacting Mythic, they'll help you out, I'm sure. Have the receipt of your CE order, and they'll let you in, and give you a hand.
I think they'll get the e-mail tomorrow, when the client is available for download.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:44 pm

So, having received no e-mail about the open beta today I have myself a look at the preorder page. Yeah... now the date for the open beta is changed to September the 7th. I'm going to go strangle a puppy dog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Open Beta Client has become available to download at FilePlanet as of 11am this morning (roughly)

check: http://www.warhammeronline.com/openbeta/ for info on where to go and how to
download. Be sure to have your OB Key ready as you must validate it before you gain access to the page.

OB itself will go live September 7th, but the files are available today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:12 pm

you can download the open beta but from what i hear its not live till sept 7
Back to top Go down
Savoirself
Slugg
Slugg
Savoirself

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:
What's the deal with Open Beta? Left_bar_bleue0/0What's the deal with Open Beta? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Kid O War wrote:

elephant i just wanted to post the elephant....^ READ IT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:43 pm

Savoirself wrote:
Kid O War wrote:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war said it in the hearald.. not like i was makeing it up
Back to top Go down
Savoirself
Slugg
Slugg
Savoirself

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:
What's the deal with Open Beta? Left_bar_bleue0/0What's the deal with Open Beta? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Kid O War wrote:
Savoirself wrote:
Kid O War wrote:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war said it in the hearald.. not like i was makeing it up

i was agreeing with you lol lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 pm

lol o
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Who is Kid O War?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Open Beta?   What's the deal with Open Beta? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with Open Beta?
Page 1 of 1