Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you dont know peoples voices in vent....

Go down 
+6
Cosidius
Whiteblade Soulripper
Mookie
Vit
Derwydd Gimphealer
Kade
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Empty
PostSubject: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:58 pm

http://www.voice-overlay.info.ms/
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Left_bar_bleue0/0If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Not that I dont learn most people real quick but how does it work?
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:
If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Left_bar_bleue0/0If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Basically i used this in AoC. While it game, it overlays on part of your screen.(option to display where you want it) When people talk in vent, it displays the name and vent chat channel in that location. So if you display it in the top left corner and i said something. It would say "Warband 1- Vitalious". You also have options to shorten the display time, or lengthen the on screen display.(in case you're slow at reading)
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Left_bar_bleue684/0If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:05 pm

Ah that's pretty cool, might have to get it.
Back to top Go down
Whiteblade Soulripper
Maggot
Maggot
Whiteblade Soulripper

Character sheet
Charater Name: Khaine
Character Occupation: Disciple of Khaine
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Any word on when this might be functional in WAR?
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:35 pm

It doesnt have AoC listed on there, and it worked for AoC. So it might be functional from the get go. If it isnt, it wont be long before it is.
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:37 pm

ah nm, i chcecked their support forum and it didnt work in beta
Well it wont be long im assuming. It also may work for live. Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Cosidius
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Cosidius

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cocidius
Character Occupation: Sorceror
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:11 pm

definitely a good idea, it gets hard to learn as many voices as we may have in this guild.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Left_bar_bleue151/200If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:37 pm

I've never had a problem learning the voices to the names, you get a hang of it once you roll with the same general people enough.

However, even if you already recognize the names, this is a very, very good idea, simply because it names the channel they're in, the name, and who just joined/left the channel. This is unbelievably useful, once it works with WAR, I suggest everyone download it immediately.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Left_bar_bleue684/0If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Yeah, I think we should make this a mandatory thing to have. It would probably help when people say things like "heal me", if we don't know their voice we don't know who to heal or res or whatever. It would also make it so we don't have to try and learn everyone's different voice, as I'm sure some of us have similar voices with all the members we have now.
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Mook has that high pitched "someone is squeezing my nuts in a vice" voice i bet!
Back to top Go down
Morzat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Morzat

Character sheet
Charater Name: FleshFiend
Character Occupation: ShoeMaker
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:00 pm

lol hopefully we have all hit puberty before 18
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Novo wrote:
Yeah, I think we should make this a mandatory thing to have. It would probably help when people say things like "heal me", if we don't know their voice we don't know who to heal or res or whatever. It would also make it so we don't have to try and learn everyone's different voice, as I'm sure some of us have similar voices with all the members we have now.
No, that's a real simple solution. If you can't say your name in the sentence (i.e. Squib needs a heal) then you just don't get healed. I'm not going to put a program on my computer that will require me to look away from combat just so I know who is talking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Quote :
Mook has that high pitched "someone is squeezing my nuts in a vice" voice i bet!
Um...ok...
Quote :
No, that's a real simple solution. If you can't say your name in the sentence (i.e. Squib needs a heal) then you just don't get healed. I'm not going to put a program on my computer that will require me to look away from combat just so I know who is talking.
Meh, I just thought it would be a good idea for people to have it. And you don't really have to look away from combat if you can choose where on your screen to put it...
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:
If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Left_bar_bleue151/200If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:13 pm

My reason alone, in my opinion, makes this a viable program to have, unless you're running dual screens with vent/else on one and WAR on the other.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 pm

I won't deny others the use of it. I encourage it if it'll help ya. I was just saying that if people would call out who they are it would make it easier without an extra program. I came across a bit harsh in my post. I had just woken up. hehe
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:28 pm

" i had just woken up" +im a jerk <3!
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Squib wrote:
I won't deny others the use of it. I encourage it if it'll help ya. I was just saying that if people would call out who they are it would make it easier without an extra program. I came across a bit harsh in my post. I had just woken up. hehe

Nono, what I meant was, it helps because you know who just joined/left the channel, the ventrilo built-in text-to-voice is pretty shoddy. This program displays who joined/left. In any group above 6, you can lose track of people really quick, and not everyone can alt-tab to check who's in channel. Also, if someone drops, everyone knows who.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 pm

meh... Me Tank! Me no need know who in channel.

SQUIB SMASH!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 pm

you know vent has a function to do this already. just play in windowed mode methinks
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:35 pm

New solution:

Logitech g15 keyboard with LCD screen... has a feature that allows you to see names of who's talking in Vent.
It also had some cool wow features (displayed hp, mana, various other stats), but i haven't browsed around to see if they are going to have war compatibility as well.

Squib's right though...... there will always be SOMEONE who doesn't know your voice, or even if they do, will be hard to distinguish it with everything else going on in the heat of battle. =P always good to get in the practice of saying your name, that way you're more likely to get a heal/rez/help whatever.

PS: as pertaining to vent, i am REALLY REALLY quiet apparently, even at max settings, so people will probably have to turn me up. =P
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:57 pm

satrina wrote:
New solution:

Logitech g15 keyboard with LCD screen... has a feature that allows you to see names of who's talking in Vent.
It also had some cool wow features (displayed hp, mana, various other stats), but i haven't browsed around to see if they are going to have war compatibility as well.

Squib's right though...... there will always be SOMEONE who doesn't know your voice, or even if they do, will be hard to distinguish it with everything else going on in the heat of battle. =P always good to get in the practice of saying your name, that way you're more likely to get a heal/rez/help whatever.

PS: as pertaining to vent, i am REALLY REALLY quiet apparently, even at max settings, so people will probably have to turn me up. =P

Not everyone can spend $75 on a G15 tho. I want to get one, but i just had to replace the oxygen sensor in my car to pass an emissions test. So ill have to wait.
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Vitalious wrote:
Not everyone can spend $75 on a G15 tho. I want to get one, but i just had to replace the oxygen sensor in my car to pass an emissions test. So ill have to wait.

yes yes, very good point.

fortunately i got mine before i was poor.
or perhaps it was a contribution to me becoming broke. Sad
i just had to get a new catalytic converter.... trust me, i know. car problems SUCK.

but for anyone who has you know, the money lying around, or a special account for pc upgrades... or extremely generous parents/grandparents/significant others, i recommend the g15. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:15 pm

satrina wrote:
Vitalious wrote:

yes yes, very good point.

fortunately i got mine before i was poor.
or perhaps it was a contribution to me becoming broke. Sad
i just had to get a new catalytic converter.... trust me, i know. car problems SUCK.

but for anyone who has you know, the money lying around, or a special account for pc upgrades... or extremely generous parents/grandparents/significant others, i recommend the g15. Smile

ouch @ catalytic converter. I'll be getting one once i decide if it's worth buying for this game, along with a new g7 mouse.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:54 pm

I had a G15, bought it when they were $100 and my brother broke it within a month -.- so now I have a Razer keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you dont know peoples voices in vent....   If you dont know peoples voices in vent.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you dont know peoples voices in vent....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next