Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mark Jacob interview 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:
Mark Jacob interview 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Mark Jacob interview 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Mark Jacob interview 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:54 pm

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/02/mythic-vp-on-hellgate-and-age-of-conan/
Back to top Go down
Jinxes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Jinxes

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Thx for the post. He's right, they need to listen to the community... that is why Vanguard failed.. it was awesome in beta but they also released too early. Sony took over and then tried to WoW-ify the game. So many people left. After that was a bust I went back to WoW just to take up my time until Warhammer released.

I think Warhammer will be different. They listen to the fan base and interact with them quite often. As long as they stay true to their original vision (unlike vanguard) I think it will be a huge success.

I have yet to find a game that I loved as much as Everquest but I think Warhammer is gonna be it, or so I hope! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:01 pm

It makes me cry when people imply that SOE is as bad as Blizz. But that's a whole different topic.

But I'll agree, not listening to the community is a large part of what made Vanguard fail.

On the other hand, listening to the community is what has made WoW fail, too.

I see Mythic walking that thin middle line with grace and expert balance so far. As long as they keep that up, everything will be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Rokos
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Rokos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Rokos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
Mark Jacob interview 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Mark Jacob interview 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Squib wrote:
It makes me cry when people imply that SOE is as bad as Blizz. But that's a whole different topic.

But I'll agree, not listening to the community is a large part of what made Vanguard fail.

On the other hand, listening to the community is what has made WoW fail, too.

I see Mythic walking that thin middle line with grace and expert balance so far. As long as they keep that up, everything will be fine.
SOE is bad in that it ruins games, where they are now doesn't redeem their game killing ability. Blizz sucks indeed but when it comes to making/maintaing games they are far superior to SOE.
Back to top Go down
Jinxes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Jinxes

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Squib wrote:
It makes me cry when people imply that SOE is as bad as Blizz.

Never said they were. Just saying that once they took over Vanguard they made it completely Carebear. Which was not what people were looking for. That, plus all the crashing, the bugs and the monopoly crafters had on the market didn't help matters either.
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:39 pm

They sorta ruined EQ1. Honesly, Verant was the best thing that could have happened to EQ. They were a great company to start the game with. They had interesting ideas and were very in touch with the community.(world events anyone?) Then SoE took over and those ideas died down. Now its a gear/raid game that gets old really fast.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 pm

@ Jinxes

Ok, fair point.

Though I haven't really seen PvP done well by SOE yet. I've only heard the horror that is SWG.

Anyway, back on topic... moving this to the Headless Prince. It R NOOZ poast!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jacob interview 2   Mark Jacob interview 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Jacob interview 2
Page 1 of 1