Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mark speaks

Go down 
+10
Roguess
JBlaze
Squib
Vit
Mookie
Zul
nezitic
Jinxes
Cruxis
Derwydd Gimphealer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
Mark  speaks Left_bar_bleue0/0Mark  speaks Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 pm

Folks,

Well, things have been, as usual, busy here at Mythic so I have lots of news to share. So, without further ado and no SNL references, here's the update on my update:

1) Significantly improved NPC pathing - Okay, in all fairness it wouldn't have taken much to improve on what we showed you folks during the PW. However, the NPC pathing is back to where it needs to be and while it still isn't perfect, well, it's a heck of a lot closer than it was just a short time ago. We identified a whole lot of bugs and squashed them.

2) Improved pet commands and responsivness - Well, pretty much same as above. Pets will no longer act as if obeying an order from you was the last thing in this world that they wanted to do.

3) Fixed an issue with textures blurring - Nothing like looking at textures through a blurred lens to make things look really sharp eh? Major improvements in and more OTW.

4) Enhanced Global Cooldown Mechanic - Well, for one the GCD actually shows the correct cooldown time and not the rounded up cooldown time (Hey, what a great idea, let's make it seem slower than it is. WOOT!). The slop timer is working fine right now and we'll continue to look at making the GCD and combat in general more responsive.

5) Continuing to improve Client Stability - As always, lots of fixes going in here. The client is supposed to be more stable (and looks like it so far) but until we get the masses back in...

6) Added new Graphics Settings and seeking more feedback from testers to guide future improvements. You asked for it, you got it. Well, in all fairness we were going to put these in anyway but it never hurts to nudge us a bit at times.

7) Target Nearest Target improved - Yeah! One of my pet peeves addressed.

Cool Renown Gear changes and Potency of Potions increased. Tweaking, adding, subtracting, in other words (don't say "nerf", we're still in beta!) balancing.

9) Increased bonus for medal winners in PQs. PQs are supposed to be fun, joyous and not grindy. We'll continue tweaking and changing them wherever we need to do that to make it so #1. (okay, a ST reference)

10) Added more loot bags in Tier 1 PQs - Boy, it's going to be rather crowded when we launch so we just upped the loot for the Tier 1 PQs. We'll do the same to T2 as needed. And when the rush is over, we'll tweak downwards.

So, in terms of some other good stuff, lots and lots and lots of bugs fixed and lots of new stuff added to the ToK. But wait, there's more and we'll address some of it next week as well as more coming info in the next update.

Oh, and there's still no such thing as a miracle patch so don't expect one here. Just a ton of fixes, additions and adjustments. We have another major patch coming as well before launch. We don't believe in miracle patches (miracle whip is a whole other subject) here at Mythic but simply hard work and a talented team.

Much respect to my team that is really doing one heck of a job getting things ready for launch.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Cruxis
Maggot
Maggot

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:19 pm

If all that is the way he made it sound, this game is good to go. Now hurry and release it. bounce

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Jinxes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Jinxes

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:29 pm

It all sounds good, except for the fact it makes me want to play right now!
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Mark  speaks Left_bar_bleue151/200Mark  speaks Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Mark  speaks 166fs985972
Back to top Go down
Zul
Grunt
Grunt
Zul

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:34 pm

nezitic wrote:
Mark  speaks 166fs985972

I want to eat it.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Mark  speaks Left_bar_bleue684/0Mark  speaks Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Awesome, all the things that I saw wrong were fixed apparently. Launch the game already!
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 pm

I don't like the fact that he gave into the whiners regarding PQ loot roll bonuses. Really? a 400 bonus wasnt enough? They basically want it to where others have a slim to no chance of winning over them.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Vitalious wrote:
I don't like the fact that he gave into the whiners regarding PQ loot roll bonuses. Really? a 400 bonus wasnt enough? They basically want it to where others have a slim to no chance of winning over them.
eh? I didn't pick that up anywhere.

9) Increased bonus for medal winners in PQs. PQs are supposed to be fun, joyous and not grindy. We'll continue tweaking and changing them wherever we need to do that to make it so #1. (okay, a ST reference) --- This didn't equate to an extra boost in their roll. Though it's not really clear, either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Vitalious wrote:

IMO this was somthing that needed tweeking, while I love the idea it was too easy to come in in the last 10 seconds and get a #1 spot. I do love the randomness of it though.
Back to top Go down
JBlaze
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
JBlaze

Character sheet
Charater Name: Blaze
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks for info Cern
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Quote :
9) Increased bonus for medal winners in PQs
That's pretty clear, unless by medal they mean loot bag.

Quote :
IMO this was somthing that needed tweeking, while I love the idea it was too easy to come in in the last 10 seconds and get a #1 spot. I do love the randomness of it though.

This won't stop that from happening, but it will lower the frequency of it happening. They might want to look into the speculation of their whole random system not being so random. A few people have some date indicating that lower PQ contribution has a higher chance of winning than the high contributors. Mind you, this was a small sample size and people might be blowing smoke or looking for ghosts when there aren't any, but it's worth a shot to look at their algorithms.

I have a question regarding the bonus though. Is the bonus applied BEFORE or AFTER your initial roll?
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:23 pm

Oh ya.. the PQ is pretty horrible as far as rewarding people that have put time in to it... I came in to a T2 PQ and helped at the end of the last stage before the boss and then helped kill the boss... all in all it took about 5 minutes.. and they had been there for half an hour or more grinding the mobs to get the next stage..

Anyway i got top rank and walked away with a Blue item Very Happy But it was horrible that they got nothing for it...
Back to top Go down
Torpor
Slugg
Slugg

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:27 pm

I had some horrid luck and got 5 1st places in a row for contribution but no loot bags at all... bad rolls
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Mark  speaks Left_bar_bleue151/200Mark  speaks Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 pm

So far the only problem seems to lie in the chest loot, only 3 people get a bag at all, of tens who end up helping. Easiest way to fix it is to give more people loot bags.

Now personally, I farm PQs for the fun and the Influence, I stick to RvR armour. But people who actually want the loot get jipped a lot.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:30 pm

The bonus is added after that roll.

You'll see everyone's rolls for the top 10, plus your own if you're #11 or below. Then, after it gets finished rolling (which in practice takes less than 2 seconds from #1 to #XX), you see the modified rolls.

Nez ---- 10) Added more loot bags in Tier 1 PQs - Boy, it's going to be rather crowded when we launch so we just upped the loot for the Tier 1 PQs. We'll do the same to T2 as needed. And when the rush is over, we'll tweak downwards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:42 pm

For some reason, my brain is telling me adding the bonus first, then rolling would result in higher rolls, but when i look at the math. It seems the same.
Back to top Go down
Morzat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Morzat

Character sheet
Charater Name: FleshFiend
Character Occupation: ShoeMaker
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:37 am

this is gonna be one long week...... OB Smile
Back to top Go down
Gutpoker / Ranka
Slugg
Slugg
Gutpoker / Ranka

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:42 pm

yeah it sure is. I can't wait to play.
Back to top Go down

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:45 pm

Yea, the PQ reward is going to be "unfair" no matter how you do it. I was very aggravated during PW because I was top contributor every time and I couldn't get a good roll for the life of me so loss EVERY time. But if they made it so the main contributors always won, then the players who aren't as good will never get a chance at the loot. It would be nice if there was a way where contribution was a bigger factor on winning, but you can only win so many in a time frame or something so people don't continually farm it.
Back to top Go down
Kromaxx
Slugg
Slugg
Kromaxx

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:45 am

Gah.....makes me want to play right now too! Especially since I just picked up my new computer so I can actually run WaR without watching it like a slideshow. C'mon September 7th!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mark  speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark speaks   Mark  speaks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark speaks
Page 1 of 1