Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)

Go down 
+3
Tala/Sauska
Derwydd Gimphealer
Bruuticuss
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bruuticuss

call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Empty
PostSubject: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 am

since new server has not been chosen i wanted to throw something out there. open servers, noo00z! we will be ganked until we cant move because we have so many wounds!.

i played wow pvp servers, ganking while it happens was not as frequent as one might think and as upsetting as it is, it has a second effect, revenge! and the need to get revenge powers you and gives you an added part of the game i never realized till i pvped. in wow quests were basically overlapping for both sides, now correct me if im wrong but alot of our pve is separate from the other sides pve (which probably changes in higher tiers i dunno) our paths do cross at some roads but in general we are not getting xp in the same spot which in wow we did and thus made gankers have more opportunities.

level 40s messing up the level 22s to 31s (tier 4 messing with tier 3), this will happen but we as well will have level 40s that can help. think of it at level 40 we will be attempting for keeps and scenarioing but now and then we might want something different, revenge or smashing some uppity order who is messing with our lower ranked crew, this can be fun (rougher for little guys but they can help). this brings up another thing, there are going to be thousands of ppl on these servers and tons of guilds, at tier 4 im not sure how many keeps there are but lets say there are 8 (correct me if im wrong but its a finite number for sure) . we might not own a keep in that situation, order will have theirs and their nasty guilds with a few and destruction will have some, but on an open server we have 6? more keeps that are possible to own and fight for. other day we did what 6 or 7 rvr objectives and then we could do no more. on an open server wed have twice as many.

semi flaws, probably harder to take end city (or might be hella easier depending on numbers/skills)
tome unlockers, not as bad as might think unlockers will have level 22 to level 40 mobs to kill and unlock, locations they can just chicken to and let lower ranked buddies kill.

flame me, comment or ignore, just throwing some thoughts out there

Bruuticuss/(Leech on Tyrion)
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Left_bar_bleue0/0call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Empty
PostSubject: Re: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:06 am

http://warfist.omgforum.net/member-chat-f5/core-or-open-t837.htm?highlight=open+server

http://warfist.omgforum.net/the-bloody-flagon-f1/core-server-t365.htm?highlight=open+server

just a few previous threads that have already covered this
Back to top Go down
Tala/Sauska
Raven War Lord
Raven War Lord
Tala/Sauska

PostSubject: Re: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:19 am

Like Cernunnos pointed out, this has been discussed before. Rolling on an open server is not a consideration, so none of this applies to us.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:44 am

Bruuticuss wrote:
since new server has not been chosen i wanted to throw something out there
The server actually has been chosen. It will be announced at Saturday's meeting. Following which I will post that info at the top of the main forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:05 am

We wont be rolling open rvr because some of us do not like the constant threat of gankage.

While i enjoy it, others do not. Also i would like to be able to go back to the beginning areas from time to time and explore which you will not be able to do on an open rvr server. To say nothing of helping friends level, which you will also be unable to go back and do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:41 am

So that's why I have to wait for the newbie order to attack -me- first.
Back to top Go down
Selfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:11 pm

I agree with a core server for Warhammer. In WOW I could not even think of rolling on something else besides a PvP server. Remember that World of Warcraft was a PvE game that started introducing PvP later on. To see any action you had to really look for in WOW in the beginning. Warhammer is a lot different. This game is centered around the RvR concept with a little PvE added to it. While in the lower tiers it may seem there is a lot more PvE then PvP it will change later in the game which is what counts. It was said in one of the earlier WAR podcast that as you tier up the RvR areas grow tremendously. In the last tier you can bet that about 90% of that area will be RvR. Later I really don't think we will have a problem finding battles and taking revenge for the many reasons in this game. Remember "War is everywhere".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)   call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

call me crazy just throwing something out there (bruuticuss/aka Leech on tyrion)
Page 1 of 1