Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screw you pizza hut.

Go down 
+8
Selfish
Dingy
Darathar
Mookie
Jinxes
Greenarm
dragen
Dagoth/Zeriah
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:
Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:37 pm

Not to bring this back on topic or anything.....
But let me add my recent pizza hut story.

Call pizza hut up and order a buffalo chicken pizza (delish) for delivery.
60-80 min wait time. We're used to this. For some reason the decided to downgrade out thriving MAJOR STATE UNIVERSITY TOWN from 4 pizza huts to 1 (there are plenty o other good pizza joints here, which is prolly why, but we wanted pizza hut tonight!).

anyway... 80 (maybe closer to 90ish) minutes later our pizza arrives. we pay the dude, tip him, and settle down to watch a movie and eat our pizza.... except it's BBQ chicken, not buffalo, and we both despise bbq chicken. yuck.
So i call them up and ask if they can deliver another any maybe discount it for us. They say they can deliver, but it'll be another 80 mins, for some reason they can't rush a messed up order. Ok, so I say I'll pick it up, but I'd certainly AT LEAST like my delivery charge/tip back, and yeah I really think I deserve a discount too at the very least. No can do says PH guy...
So i ask to talk to the manager who says "yeah we'll discount it for you, what's the problem?"
Whatever.
So we drive down to PH and our pizza's not quite ready yet. There's 2 other people waiting and one pasta order on the counter when I arrive. I wait like 5 mins to talk to manager dude who seems confused and then goes in back where the entire staff (except for one serve helping the eat in crowd) is congregating.
Meanwhile one of the ladies waiting on her order asks about it... turns out it's the pasta which has been sitting on the counter for 20 mins which they try and give her before she complains.
So manager guy talks to what looks like the delivery guy then comes back out and has me fill out this thing for a full refund. In the middle of talking to me he walks away to help this other lady and make her new pasta. He never comes back to talk to me. Eventually he disappears back into the back.
So I stand there waiting and waiting with other 2 people and eventually the poor overworked server girl comes and helps us, goes and gets my pizza. I take it out to the car then think "hmm maybe I better check." It's ANOTHER FUCKING BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA. FUCK THIS! So I take it back in and throw it down on the counter (pasta lady is still waiting) and walk out. In the parking lots I run into the other lady who was waiting who it turns out is also waiting for an order they had to remake.

Moral of the story: FUCK FUCKING PIZZA HUT!! We're boycotting them for awhile now.

PS we gave the first wrongly made delivered pizza to some homeless people. I wish we had kept the second wrong one and done the same.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Maggot
Maggot
Auroch

Character sheet
Charater Name: Auroch
Character Occupation: magus
Experience:
Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:51 pm

this is why I tend not to eat out. Its a bother to have to A) have to wait for something you could make in less time then they do and B) do a much better job of it then they can. I know not everyone agrees with that. Not everyone likes to cook/bake and/or can cook/bake. But I will take good home cooked meals over the garbage they try to sell for much more then its worth. I have never been much for pizza hut.

Last time I had pizza hut food was on a double date and it did seem to work out well. One stuffed crust pepporoni pizza and one sausage and mushroom pizza and sadly I splurged and got buffalo wings as well. I think I ate less then anyone else, but I have a set caloric intake and I only eat pizza and wings once in a blue moon. Most claim I don't understand what it is to live. Even my family calls what i eat most of the time "Rabbit food". currently I am on a 2800 calories/day diet. which is mainly vegetables, fruits, nuts and good old fashioned irish steel oats. Ohh and honey...can't live without honey. lol

Don't worry, I am only slightly insane...Ask Icelus....I am only considered clinically insane in 48 states. Don't ask which though. lmao.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue151/200Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:03 pm

o.o hold up, hold up. You set a daily limit on CALORIES?

Male or female? Gender matters.
Back to top Go down
Darathar
Slugg
Slugg

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:33 pm

with my work out, 4 days a week, i try to limit my intake to 2300 a day.

not sure how healthy that is

but im losing weight and building muscle
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Maggot
Maggot
Auroch

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Male, but I have my reasons for limiting caloric intake. I also take a ton of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. my nutrition and conditioning plan help me stay in very good shape. Maintenence is key to retaining. It only takes half the time it took you to get where you are before you lose it. I workout five days a week. alternating between strength training (max, explosive), endurance, HIIT and various other methods.

I strive for all around physical performance. I guess i could eat whatever i wanted and still retain it, but not to the extent I wish too. I never drink soda or coffee either. Nothing with high fructrose corn syrup in it.

as for how to figure out what your caloric intake should be if your trying to lose weight. Multiply your current weight x 7 and that is the calories you should be working around. Also limit salt/sodium intake. you should strive for less than 300mg of sodium per meal. salt inhibits fat loss.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:
Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue151/200Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:23 pm

194 pounds, aiming for 210. Current body fat is 11%.

7 day per week workout. Strength training, all of it, focus on high weight bursts. High fat diet, high sugar, high protein.

My current calorie intake is 6500 daily, give or take. I aim for 7500, which is what I used to take in during hockey season. Granted, I don't play hockey anymore, but it's where I want to be.

I don't know how you can possibly survive on less than 3000. Quite frankly, even if I completely stop working out, I simply can't imagine eating less than I do. I'm sure my metabolism would slow, but literally eating less than half? Impossible.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Maggot
Maggot
Auroch

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Yours sounds about right nez, since your more concerned about adding weight and not taking it off. I have known swimmers who have to eat 15000+ calories per day because their metabolism is so high. My calorie intake may seem low, but I don't need to add weight in muscle. I can't even get below 230 pounds no matter how hard i work. Not to mention I look like an ewok at 230 pounds. Icelus always said I looked better as a wookie then an ewok. so I tend to keep my weight between 280 and 300 pounds.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Even so, 2800? It just seems really low to me, especially so for a part cardio workout. I'm pulling 6500 with zero cardio :/
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue684/0Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:46 pm

I probably eat like 1500 calories a day Razz
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Maggot
Maggot
Auroch

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:47 pm

mines not really cardio based.....I use a combination of aerobic, anaerobic and ATP-PC. based on other things I can go as high as 3400 without really affecting me all that much, but I don't want to gain weight at all.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:20 am

Oh, I understood it as cardio heavy, my mistake then.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Maggot
Maggot
Auroch

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:32 am

I believe when most people see aerobic they automatically picture cardio..IE. a stair stepper or treadmill or any numerous things. A lot depends on intensity, duration and such.aerobic and the other two are about conditioning. which encompasses a lot. Building your Core, strengthening every part of the body. Enhancing endurance so you can go longer and more efficiently. basically its an all around workout plan that targets everything.

A lot of people don't do balancing, they go heavy into one path or another and that causes other problems. Like bodybuilders who focus completely on muscle size and completely neglect flexibility. eventually their muscles get so large their range of motion is severely limited. just an example. Whereas someone who balances their workout and works on everything will see better gains overall.

though how you balance your workout plan is based on what your trying to accomplish. it always comes down to what your goals are. Theres no one plan fits all. basically you just have to tailor your workout/nutrition plan to fit your own goals. I use the Ross training method. Which is one of the best i have ever found.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 am

You hit it on the money where my misconception came from. Under your definition, I do an aerobic workout :/ that's no good. Strength, yea, but I work against size and for durability.
Back to top Go down
Auroch
Maggot
Maggot
Auroch

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:04 pm

no matter how you look at it your going to do an aerobic workout at times. Its not bad and there is even aerobic workouts designed specifically for strength gain. But you may not see it as an aerobic workout because of how much stress you put on your muscles. You can get a very good aerobic workout doing max strength or explosive strength training.

if you combine the workouts in the right way, you work everything at the same time. The only real change is your goals. Trying to build density and more mass isn't much different then trying to lose weight. The rules are just reversed. You eat a lot more and you spend more time doing pyramids and heavy weights. Still even working on endurance all that changes is the number of reps per set you do. Heavy strain would be doing 3-4 sets. low reps and going till failure. Moderate strain( most use this level) 3 sets of 8-10 reps each. and Endurance training. 3 sets of 15-25 reps.

cardio could be defined as anything that works the heart. When you lift weights or do anything you feel your heart speed up correct? When you do most anything your heart rate changes. so therefore any work you do has an impact on cardio. Theres just no way around it and its a good thing. Since if you don't strengthen your heart, you wont be able to do much.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:32 pm

I imagine cardio as typical "cardio heavy" workouts. Uphill running, high speed bicycle, essentially a decent mix of muscle strain and "Oh god oh god I'm hyperventilating".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screw you pizza hut.   Screw you pizza hut. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screw you pizza hut.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: