Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.

Go down 
+25
Xlase
JBlaze
Gutpoker / Ranka
Azrile
Cruxis
Tehdink
Whiteblade Soulripper
edim
Masice
Icelus
Runtificus
Pwninski
Roguess
nezitic
Squib
Belhabib
Anthema
Nibbler
Draego / Superspike
Derwydd Gimphealer
Cosidius
Xemos
Abysmal
Mookie
Kade
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Empty
PostSubject: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Hey guys,

I will be going over this at all meetings now, but it merits its own post.

First off, grats to warfist on the preview weekend. We were more successful with fewer people than we ever expected or even dreamed. I cant wait to see what we are capable of with a larger player base.

The big thing i wanted to go over today is our class distribution and what classes we have and will need. No bones about it, we need healers. we have plenty of tanks, and other assorted DPS classes, but we need healers.

For those of you who are not aware, the healers are.

Zealot,
Shaman,
Disciple,

And yes those are in order of importance.

Zealots are the beasts of healing that you all know and love. They are perfect for keeping tanks and DPS up. If we had a core of these that knew what they were doing, it would be awesome. they can also solo with no trouble, though they are not known for their DPS abilities.

Shamans are a hybred. The more you DPS the more you can heal. Its a balancing act, and they are also damn good at keeping tanks and DPS alive as long as they are smart about it. These guys are half dps and half healing. They need both to be any good at ether. We could deffinately do with more of em.

Disciples are your HOT (heal over time) healers. They specialize in smaller group heals and heal over times. they fill in the gaps that the zealot and the shaman miss. They also happen to be fairly good DPS and excelent in solo situations. I can take down two bright wizards and a witch hunter of equal level without even breaking a sweat.

Now here is the meat of the post. I will not ask you guys to switch classes, However, i have had numerous requests for the classes that we need. Evidentally people like to be useful. So here they are in order of most usefull to least. Dont get me wrong, the disciple is not useless by any means and i can generally keep a group up if i have to but they are not for the noobish. They are a tough class to play and to understand. They do not play the same as the two other healers and that is why you will see a TON of them played poorly. So do not switch to that class if you are in doubt as to your ability to dance between roles. They are DPSer, Melee Debuffer, and Healer rolled into one, all at the same time. The other two healers are much more straight forward.

Personally to my mind I would rather see a large contingent of shamans on the battlefield because they are able to both DPS and heal. They are ideal for siege activity because they fill two rolls at once. Zealots on the battlefield are also damn important and will likely be keeping the meatshields up. Disciples are your skirmishers. They have to be in melee range to be at their most effective, and they are perfect for tearing up healers and ranged DPS. The only thing they are not as good at is taking down tanks.

No bones about it, alot of players on both sides of the isle are complete and total noobs. They dont know how to play together, and they try and treat this game like WoW. This is a mistake. However there are a few really organized and skilled guilds out there that we will need to deal with.

The organized order guilds are all from dark ages and they know this combat. They know how to roll a group, take a castle, and play as a team. they work together, and most importantly almost a full half of their warbands are healer combo classes. We were rolled by a guild named Divinity last night for multiple reasons, one of which was the fact that we were taken by surprise and we were not organized. We should be. We need to be. We will be. End of Story. If you can't organize and play as a team, go farm mats or gold. They also outnumbered us two to one. This is a factor. THAT IS ALL. We could have defeated them, and hopefully if we are more organized with the right classes, we will next time.

What is not important is that we got rolled. Who cares. We will make enemies and they will unite against us. That is a fact, that is life. What is important is what we do after a defeat. To quote a great man, How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life. If you can not handle losing, or getting rolled, get out now. We will lose. We will also win. I am personally hoping for a larger number of wins than losses, and to ensure that, i have made this post requesting all healers to step up.

If you intend to roll a healer class, let us know here. We need this information now rather than later. We have two weeks people. Get it together and figure it out because we need a picture of what the guild will look like so that we can start planning our rise to power.

I will not be denied.

Last edited by Kade on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Left_bar_bleue684/0Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Well, as you know, I'm going to be a Shaman.
I do agree that we need more healers. I think that if we had 1 or 2 dedicated healers per group in a warband, it would be MUCH easier to keep the warband stable and alive when we run into a large group like we did with Divinity. I have to say that I was having trouble trying to heal a bunch of people in the warband, including myself, while I was being ravaged by a couple witch hunters, apparently the size of gobbos don't make them any less of a target. So if we have a couple healers per group, who are dedicated to that group(and will heal the others in the warband only when absolutely needed) then we will be able to handle situations like that much better, as it will put much less stress on the healers.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 pm

We cant have enough healing. Especially since all the healers can also double as DPS if necessary. This isnt WoW. One or two per group just isn't viable outside of PVE. I would say a full half of our warbands need to be healers. An ideal 12 man warband for RVR would be...

3 tank classes
6 healer hybreds
3 pure DPS classes
Back to top Go down
Abysmal
Slugg
Slugg
Abysmal

Character sheet
Charater Name: Abysmal
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Left_bar_bleue0/0Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:18 pm

I have rolled Abysmal (Abyss) as a zealot twice already - leveled to 20 once, leveled to 14 second time. I plan on rolling him again for OB and finally for headstart. I love running a zealot! For those who played the snooze fest of healing in WoW, War is soooo much better in terms of playing a healing class. True it still involves a lot of time watching ppls health bars, but the game mechanics allow a healer to do more than just heal and still be effective in RvR situations. Especially when playing Shaman and DoK, you have to do damage in order to heal effectively. The entertainment and challenge of playing these two classes will be balancing damage output and healing properly. As for me, the sheer challenge of trying to keep my tanks and dps from falling in battle, when we are under siege by masses of order. One of my favorite times in the game so far was in CE CB when 6-7 of us were trying to take a keep. (2 Chosen, 2 Zealots, a sorceress and a DoK from what I remember) We were in there with a bunch of pug players who kept messing up our pulls which eventually lead to our demise, but regardless the 6 of us fought NPC's and Order for at least 15-20 minutes without going down... Bright Wizards and Archmages were raining down fire from above while slews of Order were trying to flank us from both sides. We fought valiantly, although in vain, but in our minds we won, cause the Warfist name was remembered that day. (We actually talked to members of the Order guild after that fight. They gave us kudos and became our sister-enemy guild that day Smile ) These are the types of battles that make War so great! Being able to walk away from that battle, being proud of how long you kept your warband fighting, is what makes playing a healer so great! As Cerunnos always says, "Love your Healer". Join our ranks, you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Left_bar_bleue0/0Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 pm

Open Beta ill probably roll a Shaman or maybe a zealot and decide if i wanna heal or rdps. Unsure yet.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Left_bar_bleue684/0Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Kade wrote:
We cant have enough healing. Especially since all the healers can also double as DPS if necessary. This isnt WoW. One or two per group just isn't viable outside of PVE. I would say a full half of our warbands need to be healers. An ideal 12 man warband for RVR would be...

3 tank classes
6 healer hybreds
3 pure DPS classes
Yeah, I do agree that we can't have enough healing. What I was trying to say is that with 1 or 2 healers per group, we would have lasted much longer in a situation like that. I just don't think we are going to have a ton of people that want to heal (unfortunately) so this is what we may have to deal with. But, of course, the more the better.
Back to top Go down
Cosidius
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Cosidius

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cocidius
Character Occupation: Sorceror
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm

im willing to try it out. Ill have to play around during the OB and check the zealot and shaman out, played a disciple for a small amount of time during PW. It was alright, but i probably wouldn't roll one as my main.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:25 pm

In large combat you win or lose based on a large part on your healers. Not to say that assisting is not critical or peeling or disrupting there healers, but if you cant stay alive long enuff to do that.... On a side note I can say zealot is about as exciting as watcing paint dry in pve but in rvr it truly is a great and fun class to play 1-40. And knowing every battle how huge a part you played is a blast too, even if you are not on the front lines. Every time we have been beat its not because they had more BW than we had Sorc in fact imo 1 sorc > 2 BW or how many tanks they have had, but always that they have had just tons of healers and we couldent damage them. Ok ill stop rambling on.
Back to top Go down
Draego / Superspike
Slugg
Slugg
Draego / Superspike

Character sheet
Charater Name: Draego
Character Occupation: Sorcerer
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:47 pm

I will be rolling Like a Star @ heaven Zealot Like a Star @ heaven from here on out.

I love the Black Orc class and can be fairly certain that I will roll an Orc alt. However, I've been a healer for a long time. I'm only ok at tanking. I am a seasoned vet at healing. So, the lean, green, killing machine will have to wait.

P.S. My Zealot will be named Barcode.
Back to top Go down
Nibbler
Maggot
Maggot
Nibbler

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:15 pm

I will be rolling a Shaman for OB... Not 100% sure its what i'll be leveling when live comes... but its between Herder and Shaman so 50/50 ill be a healer...
Back to top Go down
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Yeah OB i'll be a shaman for sure.. then i'll try and decide between shaman/sorcerer but i'm leaning toward shaman
Back to top Go down
Anthema
Slugg
Slugg

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:59 pm

I would have zero quarrels over going shaman or zealot over a DoK if those healing careers are preferred.

Last edited by Anthema on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:01 pm

i rolled a shammy and during preview weekend i enjoyed playing both zealot and shammy.
but mook hates me lolol

Last edited by Kid O War on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Sorry meng.
Black Orc for me.
I'ld rather take the abuse than counter-act it =D
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Well no offence Kid, but you arnt a member of the guild.

I have no problems with you posting and hanging out here, but you rolling a healer is rather worthless till you turn 18 and are of age to join the guild.

May i suggest that you app with The deadliest sin. Their applicant rules are less strict and you would still get to roll with us.
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm only rolling Zealot with no alts. Well, unless my boyfriend wants to dillydally on alts, I might, but otherwise, you have a dedicated healer right here.

I've always rolled pure healer or healer/dps classes, so hopefully I am not too horrible.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Here's an At-A-Glance breakdown:

Zealot = Pure Heal

Shaman = Heal/DPS of equal weight

DoK = DPS class with Healing capability

I will be playing a Black Orc. As those of you that have rolled with me thus far have seen, I will run into the middle of a Red Sea, devil be damned. If you were there for the Divinity event, you might have noticed me run straight into their ranks. I've no idea who was healing me, but you were doing great. I know I had at least 8 people focus firing me and yet the heals kept me up for at least a good 10-15 seconds. Though as Kade said, we got rolled cuz we weren't organized. That will happen from time to time, every dog has its day, but I firmly believe that Warfist will have very few of those days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Left_bar_bleue151/200Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Kade, you remember what I told you before. I'll play what we need.

Zealot. I'll be there for the meeting tonight.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Long as you enjoy it man, im good.

If you dont like pure healing, play a shaman, they do some pretty sick DPS.

we need both.

Disciples are gimp at low levels but really come into their own from what i hear. its just a matter of how skilled you are with them.

Give it a shot too. Play the one you enjoy the most.
Back to top Go down
Anthema
Slugg
Slugg

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:21 pm

I rolled both for the PW however never got in a "real" group situation to full see what each were capable of. I enjoyed the balancing act the disciples had to play, not to mention I don't get a bloody headache trying to read the quest/lore. No offense to the greenskins, but damn.

Regardless, I'll be a healing class come OB.

Last edited by Anthema on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Black Orc for me...

I just have a great feeling that i can change from Tank to DPS in a matter of seconds with just the change of a weapon and tactic/morale... of course at higher levels i will be missing the master of da toughest because i plan on going 15 brawl/10 tough...

during one of the Divinity fights at a keep i was sitting there tanking doing a whole lot of 50-60 dmg per hit.. then died and seen not many of them were dieing.. This was when i took out my 2 hander changed my tactic to 25% more dmg to the enemy and to myself..

After this change is when we started rolling them out of the keep.. I went up to the top when they were on 3rd floor and took out half of them nearly solo (minus the healers... I of course needed them lol) but ya i went from doing 50-70 dmg to 150-200 dmg... per ability AND auto attack swing.. auto attack usually stayed around 130-150..

This is the first class i ever felt half assed useful and i feel that i grasp it VERY well Very Happy both the TANK and DPS side...
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm

I'll have to look into the 2h play for the Orc then. The Brawler path just strikes me as overtly RvR oriented cuz of the boost to the snare's damage. If you're not spamming that snare, I dunno wot to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:49 pm

Kid O War wrote:
i rolled a shammy and during preview weekend i enjoyed playing both zealot and shammy.
but mook hates me lolol
Yes, yes I do hate you.
You know why?
Quote :
lolol
That's why.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Left_bar_bleue151/200Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:50 pm

Kade wrote:
Long as you enjoy it man, im good.

If you dont like pure healing, play a shaman, they do some pretty sick DPS.

we need both.

Disciples are gimp at low levels but really come into their own from what i hear. its just a matter of how skilled you are with them.

Give it a shot too. Play the one you enjoy the most.

Disciples definitely weren't my play style, zealot worked great Wink

Soloing doesn't though, so I'll either be slow on leveling, or pure RvR. Most likely pure RvR. Then my alt will be a Chosen, assuming I'll even have one.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Novo wrote:
Kid O War wrote:
but mook hates me lolol
Yes, yes I do hate you.
You know why?
Quote :
lolol
That's why.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next