Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.

Go down 
+25
Xlase
JBlaze
Gutpoker / Ranka
Azrile
Cruxis
Tehdink
Whiteblade Soulripper
edim
Masice
Icelus
Runtificus
Pwninski
Roguess
nezitic
Squib
Belhabib
Anthema
Nibbler
Draego / Superspike
Derwydd Gimphealer
Cosidius
Xemos
Abysmal
Mookie
Kade
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:57 pm

He has, uhm, a couple of sentence fragments and some grammar abuse. My English isn't very good, or anything, but:

" Here you go Mook, this paragraph will be the reason I’m wanting to Warfist join with out any grammar errors (Hurts my brain to read.). Well, I guess you kind of get who I am and that know I really want to join Warfist. I’m a semi-hardcore player (end sentence or place conjunction) I play 35+ hours a week (ditto) I’m a competitive player, an(d) I don’t like losing and just want to kill BLUEBERRY, I enjoy PvE but not as much as I do when I PvP/RvR (Got lazy, because this sentence is a huge run-on.). Also, most guilds out there fail and by me sticking around in the forum and talking to people and the community that I see I can tell this guild will go far. "

I think the whole thing needs to be reworded, or just plain rewritten.

Edit:

Someone beat me to it... even though mine is an attempt at fixing. x3
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue151/200Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 166fs985972

^ My input.

....Yea, I found it somewhere, and I wanted to use it. Lots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:03 pm

i rolled a zealot in preview weekend went int o pvp scenario and placed first in heals twice as much as the 2nd shamy. plus i was rank 3 lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:38 pm

After some screwing around and reading of forums, I think I'll roll a disciple. While doing the big dps numbers may be more spiffy, it's easy to see how important having a healer who is dead serious about healing is to the RvR effort. (Tanks who protect the others too, but should be a fair deal of those)

I aim to be all about the healing, as their group heals look to be durn impressive at the higher ranks with plenty of points in Dark Rites, as those group heals look durn impressive.

I know most consider them the weakest healer, but looking at Sindal's guide on WHA, it really gives a well thought out response to their potential at the higher ranks. (Can't confirm it myself, as it seems it doesn't really start to happen until the late 20's)

Anyways, you can sign me up for a healer who won't care much for DPS beyond using the CC effects of the attacks and building up Soul Essence.
Dok Dark Rite Guide
Back to top Go down
Masice
Slugg
Slugg
Masice

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Healers are definitely a must for our RvRs. I remember back at the keep, when we were defending at the 2nd level, and the tanks stood at the stairs blocking the way, and tons of Order kept coming up (darn those IBs). Just wanna say thanks to all the healers that kept us going and going.

Brawler spec does sound good. Tho Brawler/Tough....i dont know how well the synchro is. And I wonder how much utility a shield really gives for tanking in WAR (besides the abilities associated for BO) in terms of block rate, ratings (unlike WoW, there's no increase to AC).
Back to top Go down
edim
Slugg
Slugg

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 am

Sorry that I could not stay for the whole meeting. My crew came earlier than I expected.

I will come off as pretty arrogant in this post. I'm not exaggerating though... but I'm working on my arrogance, aaagh.
I will be rolling a DoK. I played one in the preview weekend, and it was a blast. I managed to get to Rank 11 RR 11 pretty quickly because it was so damn easy to win the scenarios. I don't think the people I were playing against were any good, and I think that the disciple, for the little glimmer that I managed to see, is really really overpowered. At first I stood back and healed (before I got rend soul), meleeing when I needed Soul Essence, and I easily topped the healing charts by large margins.

Then I got rend soul. Healing was a breeze. I dont know what the advantage was, maybe DoK's are just ridiculous, but I found myself easily taking on 5-6 enemies- alone. The only time that they could kill me was when there was so much melee on me that rend soul couldnt be channelled. But there is a talent that prevents (or drastically reduces?) interruption for rend soul later on.... it's kinda frightening how powerful the class will be. I didnt play past level 11, so maybe the class gets weaker, but it sure was a breeze getting there. I almost didnt feel like it was a healer class, because it was so much more efficient to just heal myself and kill everything faster than if I healed the tank and myself and slowed down the DPS. The tanks didnt die, of course, they just werent topped off like it would be if they were being properly healed. It's a dangerous mindset for a healer to get in... pretty much like the shadow priest of WoW.

Quick question for anyone who could answer:
I plan on speccing to increase my Rend Soul, would it be more effective to stack damage gear, and thus do more healing because of the 250% modifier, or stack healing gear? The end goal is to max out survivability, but that can come in many different ways. If I kill a target very very fast then I am obviously am no longer taking damage and my survivability is huge. But if i just keep myself up with mega heals and slowly wear him down, that works too. I'm trying to find the perfect balance, any advice from someone with more experience with the class would be hugely welcome. I plan on mostly levelling through RvR and PQ's, so not having damage dealing capabilities is fine, as long as I am still effective without them.
Back to top Go down
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:15 am

The biggest problem I see w/ DoK's especialy in pugs is alot forget to heal anything other than your self. Yes you will do alright like that but the class can be so so much more when played right. They are refered to as the weakest healing class because they cant just heal as the shammy/zealot can but the are a nessary and welcome addition to any group. They also require a understanding of the class mechaninc and how to best use it, hot the switch rolls in a pinch from dps to healer to general support the are a great do it all class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:28 am

Well i rolled a shaman in PW, i will roll a shaman in open beta and i will roll a shaman in Head start!

PoG at the start just to level up, need to be self sufficient for a little while at least. I will re-spec PoM if needed later.
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:17 am

I have a friend or two who want to play Warhammer. One of them does have a pre-order, and the other is waiting for word from us if it's fun to play. Being the charismatic lady I am, I'm sure I can get you guys at least another healer and DPS.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:27 am

awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Experience:
Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:31 am

Belhabib wrote:
and the other is waiting for word from us if it's fun to play.

Well that is a easy one to answer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am

Well, she's waiting for me to say if it's fun or not, and she won't listen until I've played it. She's also an avid roleplayer, so I might need my boyfriend there to explain stuff to her as well.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:19 pm

More chicks is always good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:21 pm

Squib wrote:
More chicks is always good.

When you hear her, you might think it's a man. Sometimes, I call her Bob in public... cause we like fooling the masses into thinking she's my boyfriend. Especially at the mall. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:12 pm

sounds like squibs type
Back to top Go down
Belhabib
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Belhabib

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:30 pm

Well then, how about we set you two up? Wink She likes to roll male archers named Nate/Nathan.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Squib Will be there.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Just cuz I prefer to roll toons with big boobs and great asses means nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Whiteblade Soulripper
Maggot
Maggot
Whiteblade Soulripper

Character sheet
Charater Name: Khaine
Character Occupation: Disciple of Khaine
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Well for those of you who I teamed with during Closed Beta and the Previw Weekend know that I will be making a Disciple of Khaine. I agree with the observation that they are a little gimped at lower levels but they are very useful at higher levels. Between their DPS heals, their AOE heals and their group buffs (especially Covenant of Celerity) they make a great support healer/buffer. However I agree we only need a limited number of these archtypes in RvR as there is a definite need for Zealots and Shamans.
Back to top Go down
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:36 pm

I'll hopefully figure it out in the OB DoK or Shaman.. Or may stick with my sorcerer. No idea yet.
Back to top Go down
Tehdink
Tehdink

Character sheet
Charater Name: Tehdink
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:06 pm

During the preview weekend, I rolled a DoK. I plan to roll a DoK in beta and for the head start. From what I saw this weekend I believe that there is tons of potential at higher levels.

HoTs are hawt.
Back to top Go down
Cruxis
Maggot
Maggot

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Squib wrote:
Just cuz I prefer to roll toons with big boobs and great asses means nothing.

This is the reason I enjoy my Witch Elf.
Back to top Go down
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Azrile
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Azrile
Character Occupation: Beheader
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:18 pm

I might go Zealot not sure yet going to lvl one up higher then 6 in the OB and see how it is if we still need them
Back to top Go down
Gutpoker / Ranka
Slugg
Slugg
Gutpoker / Ranka

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:24 pm

I enjoyed playing a shaman during pw and plan on playing one for ob and live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.   Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling All Healers. (IMPORTANT) Preview Weekend Information.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next