Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hurricane Gustav

Go down 
+13
Xlase
nezitic
Kade
satrina
Squib
Zul
Icelus
Whiteblade Soulripper
Jinxes
Falyx
Mookie
Xemos
Cosidius
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rokos
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Rokos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Rokos
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Cocidius wrote:
yea Tallahassee is pretty nice, been over there a few times. Smile Been watching the news all day, looks like all the levees held this time. And looking at the evacuation effort they did, it would appear everyone has learned a very big lesson from katrina.
I wouldn't really jinx it, there is still plenty of time for the levees to break, the wateris already flowing over a few as I've seen on the news. But they did do a better job with the evacuation so even if it is as bad or worse it won't seem like it.
Back to top Go down
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Experience:
Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Bad thing is the govenor was pushing it too much so everyone left in fear.. next hurricane nobody is going to leave there just going to blow it off. He blew it way out of proportion. The areas he was saying would be heavily damaged got no damage. So it's actually bad that it wasnt as bad as everyone was saying. Next time i doubt half the people will leave like this time. But well see here come's Ike now yayy
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:38 pm

way better to be prepared and cautious than to end up with a circle jerk like last time....

and i think that's just what everyone's afraid of.... they're over preparing and being ready so that they don't end up looking like idiotic fools who made a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Isn't that the governor that said that N.O. would be a chocolate city at the end of the day?

i wanted to punch him in the face. honest to god. I cant believe people still listen to that crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Cosidius
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Cosidius

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cocidius
Character Occupation: Sorceror
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:33 pm

that was the mayor of New orleans that said that, i think xemos is talking about bobby jindal, the governor of Louisiana.

Yea it wasnt as bas as everyone thought, but when it was almost a cat 5 and wasnt even in the very warm waters of the gulf yet, there was a good reason to do everything they did. Thankfully it weakened, and im sure some people will stay next time, but maybe most of them won't.
Back to top Go down
Xemos
Maggot
Maggot
Xemos

Character sheet
Charater Name: Xemos
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Yeah the mayor naggin said the chocolate city crap.. but funny part is the afro americans ( no offense) are always the LAST to come back after we (white's) come back first and clean up the city get everything back in order.. then freakin naggin is like yeahh the afro american community was a VITAL force in the NO clean up we are like wtf.. ? you serious..

He just got caught signing a bunch of work releases to his brother for like $123,000 of work that NEVER got done. (because the homes that he "fixed" never existed).

It's whatever now thought we are being allowed back in on thursday so i should be home and ready for the OB Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyrint
Slugg
Slugg

Character sheet
Charater Name: Tyrint
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Well I'm in Shreveport, LA and we are getting a lot of rain right now and got a ton last night, our power is out but mostly cause I live outside city limits where no one really cares. Running a generator just to keep a few important things running, aka the computer lol.
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:33 pm

Tyrint wrote:
Well I'm in Shreveport, LA and we are getting a lot of rain right now and got a ton last night, our power is out but mostly cause I live outside city limits where no one really cares. Running a generator just to keep a few important things running, aka the computer lol.

Shreveport!
I was born in West Monroe. =P
All I remember of Shreveport is being little driving through it a million times in all kinds of crazy storms (we had family that lived in Dallas and made the trek back and forth pretty often)

Anyway, glad to hear that everyone is doing alright, evacuated or not.

Xemos wrote:
but funny part is the afro americans ( no offense) are always the LAST to come back after we (white's) come back first and clean up the city get everything back in order..

I'm not sure if you're trying to relay what the mayor said or saying something of your own, but.... if you could not, that'd be great. that's pretty damn offensive and saying "(no offense)" doesn't make it any less so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Gustav   Hurricane Gustav - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Gustav
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warfist :: Brawler's Alley :: The Bloody Flagon-
Jump to: