Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Empty
PostSubject: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:57 pm

So last night I downloaded the Warhammer beta client from File Planet. When I try and run it today, it asks for account name. Now I would assume this would be the same account name i made on the Warhammer account Management page that tells me the features and whatnot I get when I start the game. But every time I try and put in that information it doesn't work. Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:
Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Left_bar_bleue0/0Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Make sure you are using your WAR account login info, NOT your account management login info.

The account management info is to login to the website and manage any account you have with mythic for any of their games, your actual game login is/was created separately and may be different from this.
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:
Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Left_bar_bleue0/0Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Yeah. You want to use your game account info.

Also, if you werent in the previous preview weekend. Your account wont be activated yet, so you won't be able to patch and see servers. It'll accept your login/pw take you to the patch screen, show 100% on files, then boot you to log in again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm

I'm not sure what my account info would be then. Is there some place i can look that up?
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:34 pm

When you log into your master account, they display your log in name to the left of the button that says "set description". So you have your log in name. Then, at the botton, theres a change password option. Change your pw and now you have both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:49 am

For some reason when I use my login name and password that should be right, it says...

"Authentication failed. Please re-enter your login credentials.
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:11 am

hmmm..... then i guess your PW account probably got hacked and they sold all you l33t gear?

on the bright side, you should still be able to start working on those naked tome unlocks!

(sorry i wish i already gave you all the advice i've got)
Back to top Go down
Pwninski
Maggot
Maggot
Pwninski

Character sheet
Charater Name: Eki
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:41 am

so wait its not the account management profile? because thats the account you have to register your open beta code too it doesnt work for the war hammer beta center one which is your e-mail. it just says invalid if you try to put it in. so im a little confused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:20 am

I'm redownloading it right now, only 600+ minutes to wait. i dont know what else to do. this sux.
Back to top Go down
Runtificus
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:02 am

There are many people getting an authentication error. You just have to go to the change password right below the login screen and change it. Even though you might be putting in the correct password, the system doesn't recognize it until you change it. I learned this this morning (even though I had changed my password just the other day).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Ok so I just tried it right now after I got back home and it works (old downloaded version)

So my guess for the entire situation was that I could not access anything to do with the open beta till today which is the launch of it for us non closed or pw people.

Its patching now so yeah. Hope to see you all online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)   Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey I'm havin trouble with something (regarding open beta)
Page 1 of 1