Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Core server?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Devoid

Core server? Empty
PostSubject: Core server?   Core server? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:44 am

I read your recruit post on TTH and I like message. Then i noticed that you are planing on a core server. I just want to make sure that this is still the case. If it is why tone the PvP down by avoiding an open ruleset?
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Core server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core server?   Core server? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:12 am

Because as much as we are out for blood and rvr, we do and will have members who don't want to spend every second fighting for their lives. Some people just don't find that relaxing. I respect that, and we wont require anyone to roll on a server they don't want to.

Also there is the added advantage of being able to pick our battles. A core server allows us to do that.

I think there are some mistaken impressions among the general community that a core rule set server in WAR is going to be like a normal WOW server and thats just not the case. over 90% of all the terriitory at max level in WAR is going to be RVR territory even on a Core Rule Set Server, so there will be no lack of war going on in the end game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg

Core server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core server?   Core server? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:01 am

Good call Kade. The ability to experience and gain experience to the max Teirs and then concentrate on overall PvP.
Back to top Go down

Core server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core server?   Core server? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:13 am

Yeah, the whole always a chicken in lower tiers thing is kinda a big turn-off for open servers, so I'm pleased with Core.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Core server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core server?   Core server? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:00 pm

There are currently no chickens. There's a bug in the code that's messing up the implementation of that. However, they are wanting to add that in and are going to work toward that goal.

As it stands right now, you drop down some amount of levels according to what tier you're going into.

And yes, some of us don't like to ALWAYS PvP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Derwydd Gimphealer
Grunt
Grunt
Derwydd Gimphealer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Cernunnos
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
Core server? Left_bar_bleue0/0Core server? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Core server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core server?   Core server? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:16 am

Totaly agree on core server, besides I love killing the chickens Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Core server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core server?   Core server? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Core server?
Page 1 of 1