Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What game should I play?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
What game should I play? Left_bar_bleue684/0What game should I play? Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

What game should I play? Empty
PostSubject: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:07 am

Well, I'm bored waiting for WAR to come out, and I need another game besides COD4 to play while I'm waiting.
I downloaded the Diablo 2 demo, and it just didn't do it for me so I didn't buy that game. I also downloaded the Hellgate: London demo and it's pretty fun but I couldn't justify spending $20 on it because I think it would bore me too fast.

So, I need you guys to recommend a game to me that's $30 or cheaper(all I got right now)that lasts awhile, or a fun free to play MMO, there's a ton but I haven't tried all of 'em. I was thinking about Gears of War for PC or Unreal Tournament 3, since they are both down to $30 but I've never played either.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:23 am

Company of Heroes
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:
What game should I play? Left_bar_bleue684/0What game should I play? Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:48 am

Is there a demo for it? I usually don't like RTS games.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:54 am

I'm going to try out this free MMO, it's one of the newer ones it has good graphics and got pretty good reviews, I'm downloading the client right now, I'll let you guys know if it's good and maybe someone will play it with me Smile

http://www.playrequiem.com/index.aspx
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 am

Well, that game wasn't very good. Recommend some more please!
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
What game should I play? Left_bar_bleue151/200What game should I play? Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:37 am

Counter-Strike. Guild Wars. Sins of a Solar Empire (I can give you the torrent). Gears of War PC. Command & C---nevermnid, over 30 dollars.

The first three can last a LONG time.
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:
What game should I play? Left_bar_bleue0/0What game should I play? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:45 am

Right now im playing Age of Conan.. Once i get a level 80 toon and WAR comes out ill sell it or trade it away for another WAR account or something... Or if some kind of satanist miracle happens and i dislike WAR some how... then i can just keep playing AOC... Always thinking of a back up lol...
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:
What game should I play? Left_bar_bleue151/200What game should I play? Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:10 pm

My back-up is sex.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:57 pm

nezitic wrote:
Counter-Strike. Guild Wars. Sins of a Solar Empire (I can give you the torrent). Gears of War PC. Command & C---nevermnid, over 30 dollars.

The first three can last a LONG time.
I played CS for over a year and I'm burnt out on it, same with GW(which I tried reinstalling yesterday only to find that I'm still bored with it), Isn't SSE an rts? if it is I don't really like RTS games, so maybe I could try it out in a demo. I'm still thinking about getting Gears of War for PC, but I can't find any demos so I'm not sure about it.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Aden wrote:
Right now im playing Age of Conan.. Once i get a level 80 toon and WAR comes out ill sell it or trade it away for another WAR account or something... Or if some kind of satanist miracle happens and i dislike WAR some how... then i can just keep playing AOC... Always thinking of a back up lol...
I played AoC for a week and was completely bored with it. I should have waited to buy that damn game card...
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:59 pm

find a good torrent site and then search around for some games you'd like to try out. make sure you have a good anti-virus and spyware tool to check the downloads before using them, though.

Also, please do not share the torrent sites publicly on this message board. If you really must give that info to someone, share it via PMs or hop on vent and share it there. I'm sure there are a few of us that would love to swap sites for that stuff. If I find that info in someone's post, I will delete that info and might suspend you for a day. Only warning I'm giving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:18 pm

I think Gears of War sounds fun..I might get it. But still give me some more recommendations!
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:17 am

Halp!
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:41 am

Anyone played this game?
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=70857
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:42 am

Um...uh.............

I'll just start listing games. Command & Conquer 3, Half Life 2 + episodes 1 and 2, Gears of War, Crysis, Bioshock, EVE Online, Diablo II, Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, CoD4, Rome: Total War, Portal (omg luff), Team Fortress.

I've played them all, loved them all, spent ages on them all. Except EVE Online. I hated that.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:34 am

Ok, I need to decide between Gears of War, HL2, Bioshock, TF2, and Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions. If you find any demos for them can you link them please(also if you find torrents pm them to me so Squib doesn't have to take action on you!).
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:08 pm

You won't regret Gears of War. You won't regret Half Life. You won't regret Bioshock. You won't regret TF2. Not too sure about Lost Planet.

HL2 plus expansions would be the first game of those I'd buy. I won't lie, there isn't a game in the world I would rate above the Half Life series, none above HL2 and the expansions. I love those games.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:09 pm

Well, if I pick HL2 or TF2 then I'll just get the Orange Box.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:12 pm

Precisely. Also giving you Portal, which is a PHENOMENAL game.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Well, GoW and Lost Planet still look good, I haven't played a third person shooter in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Ok, I've narrowed it down to Gears of War and Lost Planet. After reading reviews and watching videos those seem to be the most interesting to me, but I still can't decide.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:29 pm

Ok scratch lost planet, I played the demo and didn't like it. Can't decide between Orange Box and GoW now confused
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:07 pm

ORANGE BOX ORANGE BOX ORANGE BOX
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm

WHY WHY WHY WHY?
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm headin out to get Mass Effect in about an hour or so. Bioware needs to do an MMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What game should I play?   What game should I play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What game should I play?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next