Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bad News

Go down 
+3
nezitic
JBlaze
Mookie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Bad News Left_bar_bleue684/0Bad News Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 pm

If you're planning on making a Choppa or Blackguard when the game releases, think again.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/239/feature/2041/page/3

Also, 4 of the Capital Cities will not be in the game at release.
http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/239/feature/2041/page/2
Back to top Go down
JBlaze
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
JBlaze

Character sheet
Charater Name: Blaze
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:
Bad News Left_bar_bleue0/0Bad News Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 pm

I was just about to post this same very link...man I'm so dissappointed. I understand that getting rid of 4 cities and just having two great ones will be better at launch than having 6 cities that aren't finished. I just got my beta codes today and I have no idea what character I will roll....I really only wanted to be a Choppa...I don't know why...hopefully they add more classes later.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Yeah Jblaze, that sucks for you. You should try rolling a Marauder or Squig Herder if you want to DPS, you may end up liking them better, at least until they put the Choppa back in the game, but that's still not a guarantee that they will.
Back to top Go down
JBlaze
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
JBlaze

Character sheet
Charater Name: Blaze
Character Occupation: Shaman
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Yeah I guess...ever since Warcraft I, I've been a huge Orc fan. Marauder looks pretty cool and the squig herder seems like it can be a solid class. Idk I guess the idea of the choppa just running around crazy and just slicing and dicing his way through the battlefield and not caring if (when) he died just really appealed to my playing style. I'm going to have to rethink how I'm going to play this game.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:38 pm

You could roll a Black Orc and spec for a 2 hander, it won't do as much DPS as a Choppa but you still get the awesome feeling of being an Orc Smile
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Bad News Left_bar_bleue151/200Bad News Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm highly disappointed. I really hope they find a way to put the classes back in.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Very interesting. Im glad they were up front about it, and im really glad that they are taking their time to get it right...

disciple for me i guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 pm

This is a discouraging announcement.

Blizzard caused a loss in faith in a lot of people with the way they handled WoW. It seems that deadlines are becoming more important than customer satisfaction. It used to not be that way, even for MMOs. But, Blizzard seems to be a pioneer in all things for this market now. Both good and bad.

Leaving out content that is central to more than half of their marketing strategy for the game is not a good omen. If they truly go through with this mistake of a decision, WAR will go the same way as Vanguard unfortunately did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Squib wrote:

Blizzard caused a loss in faith in a lot of people with the way they handled WoW. It seems that deadlines are becoming more important than customer satisfaction. It used to not be that way, even for MMOs. But, Blizzard seems to be a pioneer in all things for this market now. Both good and bad.

Leaving out content that is central to more than half of their marketing strategy for the game is not a good omen. If they truly go through with this mistake of a decision, WAR will go the same way as Vanguard unfortunately did.
I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be, don't get me wrong I don't like it either but I don't think it will end up like Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:05 pm

If it ends up like Vanguard, I blame Squib.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 pm

I agree. Squib must be blamed.

Sadly, now you guys get to hear him whine and complain about this for the next six months.

I honestly couldn't care less about their due dates or anything. They don't have a release date, and never released one, so there isn't anything to delay. They simply decided to release the game and then finish some of their content. plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:12 pm

After rereading all the data, and going over their past games (DAoC), I've decided this isn't a bad thing at all.

For the guys who decided on one of the cancelled classes: broaden yourself, baby. Choppa was awesome, sure, Black Guard looked really cool. But there are still 10 classes to choose from. 10. Ten. That's a lot of classes. That's a lot of diversity. Now you can look forward to the first expansion too.

For the guys who think removing the capital cities is a bad thing: remember, awhile back. Strain your memory. Oh right, that's it: "Altdorf, along with all capital cities, will be home to 3 Public Quests, along with many side quests...[continue to RvR explanation]". 3 Public Quests. After these changes, they're up to 12. As for dungeons? Up from 1 per capital, to 3 in the Inevitable City. Three DUNGEONS. These cities are ENORMOUS. Plus they are now the central hub for all endgame RvR. That's a lot of player activity. No complaints from me.

The launch now at least will feature less game bugs and complexities, better balanced careers, and a security company that has the resources and ability to actually crack down on hackers: PunkBuster. And for all the CS fanatics who remember the tears PB has caused people who don't hack: it's still in use by Valve. And sure, during the reign of 1.3 and 1.5 it didn't work at all. But how many hackers do you find over Steam nowadays in Quake, or Call of Duty, or Counter-Strike 1.6 or Source? One per 1000 servers you visit? No complaints here.

We've finally come across a company who honestly, genuinely wants to make the player base happy, and not just take all our money. I have a new respect for Mythic -and- EA. Finally they seem to be trying to pull their corporate heads out their asses.

Thank you, Mythic. Thank you for making sure this game will be great.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 pm

nezitic wrote:
After rereading all the data, and going over their past games (DAoC), I've decided this isn't a bad thing at all.

For the guys who decided on one of the cancelled classes: broaden yourself, baby. Choppa was awesome, sure, Black Guard looked really cool. But there are still 10 classes to choose from. 10. Ten. That's a lot of classes. That's a lot of diversity. Now you can look forward to the first expansion too.

For the guys who think removing the capital cities is a bad thing: remember, awhile back. Strain your memory. Oh right, that's it: "Altdorf, along with all capital cities, will be home to 3 Public Quests, along with many side quests...[continue to RvR explanation]". 3 Public Quests. After these changes, they're up to 12. As for dungeons? Up from 1 per capital, to 3 in the Inevitable City. Three DUNGEONS. These cities are ENORMOUS. Plus they are now the central hub for all endgame RvR. That's a lot of player activity. No complaints from me.

The launch now at least will feature less game bugs and complexities, better balanced careers, and a security company that has the resources and ability to actually crack down on hackers: PunkBuster. And for all the CS fanatics who remember the tears PB has caused people who don't hack: it's still in use by Valve. And sure, during the reign of 1.3 and 1.5 it didn't work at all. But how many hackers do you find over Steam nowadays in Quake, or Call of Duty, or Counter-Strike 1.6 or Source? One per 1000 servers you visit? No complaints here.

We've finally come across a company who honestly, genuinely wants to make the player base happy, and not just take all our money. I have a new respect for Mythic -and- EA. Finally they seem to be trying to pull their corporate heads out their asses.

Thank you, Mythic. Thank you for making sure this game will be great.
/Agree
You're awesome, Nez.

I wish they would've kept the Greenskin city instead of the Inevitable city, I think the Greenskin one looked awesome.
Back to top Go down
Goodkat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Goodkat

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Not happy on the shelving of classes, but i give them credit for being upfront. I do hope that shelving doesnt equal deleting. The downsizing of the number of cities isnt that big a deal to me. My opinion is that they want to be sure to get this out before WOLK. Purely a business decision, but one I understand. Im sure they feel that once they get people in, they will have them hooked with the superior graphics and the RvR system. I'll end up doing some pve stuff i'm sure, but im looking forward to the RvR since WOW's was basically pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:26 am

Kade wrote:

Sadly, now you guys get to hear him whine and complain about this for the next six months.

I honestly couldn't care less about their due dates or anything. They don't have a release date, and never released one, so there isn't anything to delay. They simply decided to release the game and then finish some of their content. plain and simple.
I already said all I have to say about this to you earlier in MSN. I'll say this only, though... no one listens when I say it the first time and no one likes it when I say "I told you so" when it happens.

I'll likely cancel my pre-order, but I still plan to play the game. It would take an act of divine intervention (i.e. hell freezing over and something special happening to me) for me to not play. I'll be testing hell's thermostat this week, however. Time to see if my karmic debt is paid in full yet.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:32 am

Squib wrote:
Kade wrote:

I already said all I have to say about this to you earlier in MSN. I'll say this only, though... no one listens when I say it the first time and no one likes it when I say "I told you so" when it happens.

I'll likely cancel my pre-order, but I still plan to play the game. It would take an act of divine intervention (i.e. hell freezing over and something special happening to me) for me to not play. I'll be testing hell's thermostat this week, however. Time to see if my karmic debt is paid in full yet.
Nooo Squib! You have to play with me in open beta!
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:43 am

not to be an ass, but canceling your pre-order would be kind of childish. Your Over-reacting and while your passion for quality is your strength, you let your emotions rule you when it comes to decisions rather than your head. You need to take a step back here and remember that its just a game, and your going to enjoy playing it regardless of whether there are a couple extra classes/cities in game at release or not.

You have no way of knowing one way or another if they will actually put these things in, but they have said that they will and thats good enough for me. I will always always always give them the benefit of the doubt until they let us down. Getting upset with them just because blizzard did something similar and did let the player base down, is not logical. This company is not blizzard, nor should they be penalized for their mistakes.

Now If and when they do let us down, I may get upset, but for the moment, its a game thats in beta, and nothing is completely solid. I couldn't care less what they do to the game at this point. Its a game, its entertainment, and quite honestly my life is busy enough without me having to worry about some game company pulling some content from their game before release. They are not obligated to do anything they don't want to do. Its their game. Not a single person is paying to play yet. Until they do, its their game and they can do what they want with it. Once people start paying to play, then its not their game anymore.

Not to mention it would force me to buy the pre-order so we can be sure of getting the name warfist for our guild. I'm fine with it if i have to, but I would rather not have to chose between getting a kilt and getting this game. So seriously let me know if your actually going to cancel your preorder so I can go pick mine up.

Let me know.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
Roguess
Grunt
Grunt

Character sheet
Charater Name: Aden
Character Occupation: Chosen.. To Kill
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:52 am

Squib wrote:

First for the way things used to be:

We didnt have to worry about millions of people playing.. also didnt have such diversity in player classes.. and one of the bigger things didnt have such huge expectations as they do now...

back in the day they where shooting for a 500-750k player base but only getting 300-400k.. More customers cause more problems

Then the Deadlines:

Also deadlines are VERY important.. First you have customers that are waiting on the deadline, also you have the publisher waiting.. and we cant really say the customers are not satisfied until they have played the game and seen whether they are or not..

And the content:

Also no content is being taken out of the game.. They are making the content "smaller" but everything they have said feature wise is still there and everyone is still able to do everything they have talked about... We still have Capital Cities and we still have 20 classes..
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm not going to be under attack for my opinions and because I had a gut instinct when I read this announcement (which my gut instincts have never been wrong and there's no reason to believe that would start now).

I've expressed my opinion and I've made my choices not based on emotions or anything impulsive.

So this is the only time I'm going to say this. Lay the fuck off me.

I'm used to being the only person that sees shit ahead of time and I should've just kept my mouth shut instead of saying anything.

I'm also not going to take the time to answer every single detail brought up, though I certainly could. But that would only compound the problem. This is the last thing I'm going to say on this topic. If I come under attack or I'm singled out on this topic again, I'll just move the damn thread and repost Mook's original post and go from there.

And don't give me bullshit lines about overreacting or "you're not under attack" or whatever. I made my posts and everyone jumps to counter what I said. You can cite examples day and night, but I'm going to listen to what I trust.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Experience:

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Kade wrote:
not to be an ass, but canceling your pre-order would be kind of childish. Your Over-reacting and while your passion for quality is your strength, you let your emotions rule you when it comes to decisions rather than your head. You need to take a step back here and remember that its just a game, and your going to enjoy playing it regardless of whether there are a couple extra classes/cities in game at release or not.

You have no way of knowing one way or another if they will actually put these things in, but they have said that they will and thats good enough for me. I will always always always give them the benefit of the doubt until they let us down. Getting upset with them just because blizzard did something similar and did let the player base down, is not logical. This company is not blizzard, nor should they be penalized for their mistakes.

Now If and when they do let us down, I may get upset, but for the moment, its a game thats in beta, and nothing is completely solid. I couldn't care less what they do to the game at this point. Its a game, its entertainment, and quite honestly my life is busy enough without me having to worry about some game company pulling some content from their game before release. They are not obligated to do anything they don't want to do. Its their game. Not a single person is paying to play yet. Until they do, its their game and they can do what they want with it. Once people start paying to play, then its not their game anymore.

Not to mention it would force me to buy the pre-order so we can be sure of getting the name warfist for our guild. I'm fine with it if i have to, but I would rather not have to chose between getting a kilt and getting this game. So seriously let me know if your actually going to cancel your preorder so I can go pick mine up.

Let me know.

Peace.
It wouldn't really force you to get the preorder, there's probably several people in the guild, including me, that have preordered the CE. We could just make the guild at the head start and when either you or Squib get the game, we could pass the leader to one of you, if you are able to do that, if we are not able to do that then I guess we would just have to hope no one takes our guild name.

I have to agree with you that the announcements aren't that big of a deal right now. I think Mythic wants to give us the best game they can give us and they took out these classes and cities because they weren't "polished" enough to play and that they didn't come out the way they wanted them to be. So if they left the classes in they could have possibly lost customers because people might have been looking forward to those classes and when they played them they could have quit the game because they ended up not liking them. I think Mythic knows what they're doing and hopefully they will put these classes and cities back in the game after it's released and then they will be able to make them even better.
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Emotions are running high, I'm locking this thread.

Nether Squib Nor I are attacking anyone. Just opinions, however I will remake the topic above because there are more people who can give opinions here. I don't think anyone will be canceling their CE over this, but if thats the case, it's fine. I just need to get an idea of how many people we have at the head start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News   Bad News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad News
Page 1 of 1