Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Link to the news page

Go down 
+2
satrina
Vit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:
Link to the news page Left_bar_bleue0/0Link to the news page Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Link to the news page Empty
PostSubject: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:20 pm

I've looked around, and i might have missed it, but is there a link here on the forums to the news page.(warfist.net) I clicked home and it just brings me back here.

I know this isn't a huge issue, but was wondering if a News link could be slapped next to Home on the forums page so i dont have to type in the url!
(i guess i could always just bookmark the main page instead of the forums.)
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:
Link to the news page Left_bar_bleue0/0Link to the news page Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:37 pm

i haven't been able to find one either.

imo, would be cool to have that same banner with all the links (home/forum/brotherhood/allies/vids/etc.) that's on the main page on the main forum page also.
Back to top Go down
Vit
Grunt
Grunt
Vit

Character sheet
Charater Name: Vitalious
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:47 pm

satrina wrote:
i haven't been able to find one either.

imo, would be cool to have that same banner with all the links (home/forum/brotherhood/allies/vids/etc.) that's on the main page on the main forum page also.

that would work -forums obviously, because it wouldn't be needed.
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Link to the news page Left_bar_bleue684/0Link to the news page Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Kade is too lazy to do this. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kade
Dread Lord
Dread Lord
Kade

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Very much so.

These are free forums that i just matched the look and feel of to the web site.

The website and the forums are controlled from two different places. The website i can 100% control, the forums i can not. I generally work 50 hours a week doing exactly this sort of thing, so its unlikely that i will feel like looking into any major site changes anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/warslugg
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:13 pm

What "news" are you referring to anyway? Local? State? National? British? WAR? Lineage 2?

Just asking for a news link isn't very descriptive.

If you mean Warfist news, anything major that's going on can easily be found Member's Chat or Announcements, both of which are member only areas.

If you're referring to WAR news, bookmark the Warhammer Online site and any others that you know are good for last minute news breaking articles. We tried keeping up with that on the main site for a while, but it proved to be more work than necessary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Link to the news page Left_bar_bleue684/0Link to the news page Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Squib wrote:
What "news" are you referring to anyway? Local? State? National? British? WAR? Lineage 2?

Just asking for a news link isn't very descriptive.

If you mean Warfist news, anything major that's going on can easily be found Member's Chat or Announcements, both of which are member only areas.

If you're referring to WAR news, bookmark the Warhammer Online site and any others that you know are good for last minute news breaking articles. We tried keeping up with that on the main site for a while, but it proved to be more work than necessary.
I think he meant a link to the main website, warfist.net
And I was just messin' Kade Smile
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Link to the news page Left_bar_bleue151/200Link to the news page Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:31 pm

I have the main website bookmarked, doing that is more than good enough to look at it every so often.

There's no important information on it anyway, it just looks awesome. Everything is found in the forums.
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Important information will be posted there in the future, but as with any thorough guild, it will also be found in greater detail on the forums.

If you use Firefox, you can make folders for your bookmarks and put links inside those. I have 4 main folders for my links, one of which is dedicated solely to Warfist operations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Aye, I think he was just talking about the warfist main page.

and it is mostly all here in the forums.

and it's not a big deal that there's no direct link from the forum page, there are plenty of other ways to it.

was just interesting to find that there wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link to the news page   Link to the news page Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Link to the news page
Page 1 of 1