Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Open Beta- Day One

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Open Beta- Day One Left_bar_bleue684/0Open Beta- Day One Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

Open Beta- Day One Empty
PostSubject: Open Beta- Day One   Open Beta- Day One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Folks,

So, while today has been incredibly stressful for our European brethren, I have lots of good news to share with all WAR fans. Here are the early results from the first day of our North American + Oceania Open Beta.

Incredibly stable game experience:
- 47K total users playing concurrently. We're not up to where DAoC was at peak yet but we're off to a good start eh? When Europe comes online we hope to shatter DAoC's numbers before we launch.

- 27 servers deployed and running running smoothly. We have 23 servers in NA, 2 in OC and 2 more Test severs.

- Client CTD's are very low on average (lower than PW). However, some people seem to crash more often, primarily when exiting or entering scenarios but we're hot on the heels of this one.

- Zero, none, zilch Tier 1 region crashes since Open Beta started this morning at 7AM. No total server crashes either.

Lots of top reported issues already fixed with hot patches (no server reboot):
- PQ completion tuning. As always, tuning for now, subject to continued tuning.

- Loss of hot-bar abilities on leaving scenarios. Let us know if this still happens though.

- RvR equipment pricing, power and availability. Whoopsie. Well, something always goes unexpectedly wrong.

- Pet UI disappearing. Like we needed more pet issues? Luckily it has been resolved (we hope). Let us know if it happens again.

We've fixed several of the top reported issues and they will go in tomorrow morning's patch unless those damn Dwarfs start singing again:

- Continued improvements to monster "lagginess" when being hit by a ranged attack. Monsters will respond much more quickly to aggression. Ranged monsters won't constantly pause at odd times without attacking.

- Fixed an issue in seeing loot sparkles in RvR that were unlootable.

And thanks to everyone's help, we're hot on the heels of two more:

- Crashing when leaving scenarios.

- Unattackable monster states. Hopefully we'll get this one locked down soon, it really is a pain in the butt.

So, that's the quick update. Having almost 50K players in the game currently and no game crashes makes this quite a successful start to the Open Beta. We'll open more servers as necessary and continue looking at all the major issues. Please keep reporting bugs and answering surveys that's how we get some of our information.

As always, thanks for your patience and hopefully soon your patronage.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Squib
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Open Beta- Day One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Beta- Day One   Open Beta- Day One Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:21 am

A company that talks to its players. *GASP!!!!!!!!* What an amazing concept!!!! I can think of another game that might not suck total balls if they were to do this. though they would have to do a lot of other things, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warfist.net
Niceda Lightslayer
Slugg
Slugg
Niceda Lightslayer

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mercedes
Character Occupation: Sorceress
Experience:
Open Beta- Day One Left_bar_bleue0/0Open Beta- Day One Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Open Beta- Day One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Beta- Day One   Open Beta- Day One Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:29 am

Very encouraging so far. Cant wait till I get my hands on this game and get logged in.
Back to top Go down
Jinxes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Jinxes

Open Beta- Day One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Beta- Day One   Open Beta- Day One Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Awesome, I hope they can fix the unattackable mobs soon, that is such an annoying bug.
Back to top Go down
nezitic
Soldier
Soldier
nezitic

Character sheet
Charater Name: .The.Nez.
Character Occupation: Gamer
Experience:
Open Beta- Day One Left_bar_bleue151/200Open Beta- Day One Empty_bar_bleue  (151/200)

Open Beta- Day One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Beta- Day One   Open Beta- Day One Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:08 pm

I want the rvr stuff to be fixed QQ
Back to top Go down
Jinxes
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Jinxes

Open Beta- Day One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Beta- Day One   Open Beta- Day One Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:46 pm

As of yesterday I haven't had any issues with unattackables.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Open Beta- Day One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Beta- Day One   Open Beta- Day One Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open Beta- Day One
Page 1 of 1