Warfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warfist is a US Destruction Guild of Warhammer Online dedicated to bloody combat and misery of our enemies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question for all you tech people

Go down 
+5
doctortran
Anthema
Greenarm
Dingy
Trakis
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Question for all you tech people Empty
PostSubject: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 am

Sup all ya been having comp issues *on my other comp* with my main one it started to randomly turn off after i would log in any of ya might no what is causing this..im thinking it has somthing to do with a fualty power supply but not 100% shure having a computer spec friend of mine looking into it later today but been wondering what you all might be thinking. Any feedback be nice.
Back to top Go down
Trakis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Character sheet
Charater Name: Trakis
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:
Question for all you tech people Left_bar_bleue0/0Question for all you tech people Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:27 am

Maybe the CPU is running too hot?
Back to top Go down
Dingy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Dingy

Character sheet
Charater Name: Dingy
Character Occupation: Chosen
Experience:
Question for all you tech people Left_bar_bleue0/0Question for all you tech people Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:42 am

Man, this could be any number of things from a faulty driver to a power supply to a overheating issue. good luck, and sorry I can't give you more advice.
Back to top Go down
Greenarm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Greenarm

Character sheet
Charater Name: Greenarm
Character Occupation: Marauder
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:41 pm

The easiest thing to check would be your PSU just swap out yours for another one you know will run your comp. Here's to hoping it's something easy to fix like the PSU.

Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:00 pm

Just looked it over apperntly they installed a liquid cooling system when i told them i didnt want one and it looked liked it was leaking >< grrr
Back to top Go down
Trakis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Character sheet
Charater Name: Trakis
Character Occupation: Zealot
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dingy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Dingy

Character sheet
Charater Name: Dingy
Character Occupation: Chosen
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:05 pm

wow, that's lame. is it a new-ish pc under warranty? hopefully you have the receipt info and can yell at them till they fix it/give you a new one
Back to top Go down
Anthema
Slugg
Slugg

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Conquest wrote:
Just looked it over apperntly they installed a liquid cooling system when i told them i didnt want one and it looked liked it was leaking >< grrr

affraid
Back to top Go down
Greenarm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Greenarm

Character sheet
Charater Name: Greenarm
Character Occupation: Marauder
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:18 pm

wow that sucks. I'd be making heads roll
Back to top Go down
doctortran
Grunt
Grunt
doctortran

Character sheet
Charater Name:
Character Occupation:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Was the liquid delicious kool-aid? If not I would demand an immediate refund and/or repair.
Back to top Go down
Morzat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Morzat

Character sheet
Charater Name: FleshFiend
Character Occupation: ShoeMaker
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:23 pm

wow gay.... it was leaking? bad bad bad did it get on anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Ya it got all over the mother bored and fired it so now after spending 3 hours talkign with tech support i gotta mail it back to them and they going to fix it *free or charge ofcourse* and i told them this time dont put in a liquied cooling system i dont care if its better rather not have the risk of it leaking agian..so now my play time on war has been greatly dimished for the time being becuse i cant play much on the comp im on now since my other uses it for work *she works at home*. so ill try to be as active i can for the time being but with work and my own comp down its going to be very hard :/
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Question for all you tech people Left_bar_bleue684/0Question for all you tech people Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:40 pm

That sucks man, where did you order it from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:42 pm

I got it from IBUYPOWER.com usally they do pritty good work but this is the first time i got a liquid power supply which relly CHOCOLATE BUNNY it all up pritty much -.- it came defult with the comp so i didnt even give it 2nd thought silly me. wont beable to ship it out till tuesday and even then gonna be 1-2 weeks befor it gets back ;/
Back to top Go down
Mookie
Blood War Lord
Blood War Lord
Mookie

Character sheet
Charater Name: Mook
Character Occupation: Forum Whore
Experience:
Question for all you tech people Left_bar_bleue684/0Question for all you tech people Empty_bar_bleue  (684/0)

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:46 pm

Yeah, I've always avoided Ibuypower and cyberpowerpc, they both seem to be hit or miss companies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:48 pm

Ya i mean usally they do fine work it was this one time that they screwd up...which relly is enought to make me not want to buy from them again..but since i told them no more liquid coolsystem this time i think i can be a little relived with that...so ya ill try to be as active as i can for the next few weeks till i get my main back Sad *gonna fall so far behinde compared to you guys me thinks*
Back to top Go down
Morzat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Morzat

Character sheet
Charater Name: FleshFiend
Character Occupation: ShoeMaker
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:46 am

ur better off building it self man Razz its easy Smile and fun.
Back to top Go down
satrina
Maggot
Maggot
satrina

Character sheet
Charater Name: satrina
Character Occupation: sorceress
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Question for all you tech people Stupid

plus when you do it yourself there's a sense of satisfaction.... "man i put together this kickass machine i'm playing on right now"

Oooooh.. AND AND AND when you do it yourself no mistake of "accidental water cooling system"!! BONUS!

Last edited by satrina on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:19 pm

FleshFiend wrote:
ur better off building it self man Razz its easy Smile and fun.

This!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for all you tech people   Question for all you tech people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for all you tech people
Page 1 of 1